Thoughts on our week w/Royal Princess

CLM0928

Aug 11th - To start Embarkation was super easy!  We were picked up at Inn at Market by taxi at 10:45 and were on the boat and watching safety video by 11:20.  We were green lane and have to say it was extremely fast and run very smoothly.

We were/are in A428 with an extended balcony and the room is perfect for the 2 of us.  Nice size and plenty of space. The larger balcony was a plus.  Our room steward was amazing.

Food - Ok, I had read several posts saying the food was not the best and I must agree.  We have done Disney and Carnival and this was below both of those.  The buffet was ok but seemed less than what I would expect from Princess.  Crown Grill seemed to be a waste of money to me as the steaks were not as we had ordered and very under cooked.    We did love our dinner at Sabatinis, everything was delicious.  We were on reserve class and had lunch and dinner in the Concerto Dining room and again .. was not impressed.  Lunch was cold by the time we received our order.  Room service was nice option.  We did burgers and fries and they were much better than what we had in dining room.  We did not not do Alfredos but did have pizza by the pool and that was very good.  Intl Cafe was very good and the desserts are to die for .. highly recommend!

Lastly,  the internet was very spotty and if you want to stream tv shows ours would freeze continually.  My husband had issues “swapping” between phone and tablet (andriod) but I had no issues with mine (apple).  We had to go on the the medallion app and switch devices on there so both devices must have the medallion app loaded and signed in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had early excursion with princess so we met in the theater.  Our tender stickers were delivered to room the night before.  I'm not sure about outside excursions but it was very well organized and didn't seem like anyone was having issues getting off in time.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CLM0928 said:

Aug 11th - To start Embarkation was super easy!  We were picked up at Inn at Market by taxi at 10:45 and were on the boat and watching safety video by 11:20.  We were green lane and have to say it was extremely fast and run very smoothly.

We were/are in A428 with an extended balcony and the room is perfect for the 2 of us.  Nice size and plenty of space. The larger balcony was a plus.  Our room steward was amazing.

Food - Ok, I had read several posts saying the food was not the best and I must agree.  We have done Disney and Carnival and this was below both of those.  The buffet was ok but seemed less than what I would expect from Princess.  Crown Grill seemed to be a waste of money to me as the steaks were not as we had ordered and very under cooked.    We did love our dinner at Sabatinis, everything was delicious.  We were on reserve class and had lunch and dinner in the Concerto Dining room and again .. was not impressed.  Lunch was cold by the time we received our order.  Room service was nice option.  We did burgers and fries and they were much better than what we had in dining room.  We did not not do Alfredos but did have pizza by the pool and that was very good.  Intl Cafe was very good and the desserts are to die for .. highly recommend!

Lastly,  the internet was very spotty and if you want to stream tv shows ours would freeze continually.  My husband had issues “swapping” between phone and tablet (andriod) but I had no issues with mine (apple).  We had to go on the the medallion app and switch devices on there so both devices must have the medallion app loaded and signed in.

You mentioned spotty internet and streaming of tv shows while on board.  If you were in Alaskan waters at that time, especially in the coastal passage, geography is definitely NOT your friend.  My wife and I never got good cell service in the lower part of Alaska because the towers are few and far between (literally) and the mountains block radio, TV and microwave signals.

Spotty is a kind word for internet, radio, TV and phone service in the coastal passage.