NCL advertising

Smitheroo

Everytime I do mock bookings to get an idea of fares I get an email from Dee Weaver, cruise consultant for NCL    Looks at what is written about CruiseFirst certificates. Doesnt that make it look like you can buy the certificates with this offer to save money on THIS cruise. Doesnt say that the cruise has to be 120 days from the date of purchase of the certificate.   Also, how does 1 CruiseFirst Certificate equal 2 deposits if one is purchasing the certificate worth $300.

Hello Christine,

I hope this email finds you well. Come set sail with these UNPRECEDENTED SAVINGS! For a very limited time, take advantage of 70% Off 2nd Guest + Norwegian’s Free at Sea. There is no better time than NOW to plan your dream vacation.

Plus, you can enjoy the following:

• FREE AIRFARE^: Purchase an air ticket and 2nd guest flies free.
  • CruiseFirst Offer:
    • Get an additional $150 FREE with your purchase of a CruiseFirst Certificate
    • 1 CruiseFirst Certificate = 2 Deposits.

12 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

Everytime I do mock bookings to get an idea of fares I get an email from Dee Weaver, cruise consultant for NCL    Looks at what is written about CruiseFirst certificates. Doesnt that make it look like you can buy the certificates with this offer to save money on THIS cruise. Doesnt say that the cruise has to be 120 days from the date of purchase of the certificate.   Also, how does 1 CruiseFirst Certificate equal 2 deposits if one is purchasing the certificate worth $300.

Hello Christine,

I hope this email finds you well. Come set sail with these UNPRECEDENTED SAVINGS! For a very limited time, take advantage of 70% Off 2nd Guest + Norwegian’s Free at Sea. There is no better time than NOW to plan your dream vacation.

• CruiseFirst Offer:

NCL is very good at sending emails that seem extremely attractive.

Unfortunately, it is up to the buyer to "be aware", which does require reading the Terms and Conditions (also are badly worded)!

I hope you can find a cruise that satisfies your "wants" and your wallet!

The email is correct about using it for this cruise.  It just needs to sail 120 days from when you purchase the certificate.

It’s usually 2 for 1 deposits which means $250 for two people.  The certificate will cover both deposits since it’s $300.  

18 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

The email is correct about using it for this cruise.  It just needs to sail 120 days from when you purchase the certificate.

It’s usually 2 for 1 deposits which means $250 for two people.  The certificate will cover both deposits since it’s $300.  

Ok, thanks for clearing up the deposit questions. I'm still learning the ins and outs of cruising and didnt realize the deposit is for 2 people  I guess that's what they mean by 2-1 deposits.  But as far as the other point I asked about I think that's kind of sneaky not to mention the very important "120 days rule" 

49 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Sorry, but that' is incorrect.

I just checked NCL's website. The certificate actually must be used for a sailing MORE than 120 days ahead. And, it is valid for three years.

I recently purchased one for $250/value $500 and used it immediately for a January 2024 sailing.

The 2 for 1 deposit offer is, technically, a special offer and may be revoked at any time. It is of a modest value as it only defers a small payment until the full payment date. I do agree about the $300 covering the current deposit requirement. 

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

Sorry, but that' is incorrect.

I just checked NCL's website. The certificate actually must be used for a sailing MORE than 120 days ahead. And, it is valid for three years.

I recently purchased one for $250/value $500 and used it immediately for a January 2024 sailing.

The 2 for 1 deposit offer is, technically, a special offer and may be revoked at any time. It is of a modest value as it only defers a small payment until the full payment date. I do agree about the $300 covering the current deposit requirement. 

January 2024 is more than 120 days away

3 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

January 2024 is more than 120 days away

That's exactly the point - and why my trip fits the Cruise First rules.

If you are planning to sail within a shorter time frame, then you may not use these certificates for your next cruise.

21 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

If you are planning to sail within a shorter time frame, then you may not use these certificates for your next cruise.

You can if you buy the certificate (especially when they do the $500 offer) and let it "mature" in your account for 4 months. After that you can book a last-minute cruise if you want.

Frankly I don't understand why they have this 120 days restriction in the first place. If they're trying to get people to book NCL for the first time, why put obstacles in their way? So what if it's an impulse booking?

Edited by hawkeyetlse

30 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

That's exactly the point - and why my trip fits the Cruise First rules.

I see where the confusion is. I dont think you saw my original post.  This was in an email I received. I receive one everytime when I make mock bookings on the website. The cruise consultant emails me (with a standard email, not personal) and it has the information in it that I posted.  I know the website says 120 days or more before the sailing.  

18 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

You can if you buy the certificate (especially when they do the $500 offer) and let it "mature" in your account for 4 months. After that you can book a last-minute cruise if you want.

Frankly I don't understand why they have this 120 days restriction in the first place. If they're trying to get people to book NCL for the first time, why put obstacles in their way? So what if it's an impulse booking?

and dont try to snare them with a poorly worded promo   

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

You're quite right. But my comment indicated it's of no use if your planned sail date is LESS than 120 days.

Perhaps it's a marketing ploy to "lock in" a customer who isn't sure what they want to do as yet, with a bargain deal.

1 hour ago, Smitheroo said:

I see where the confusion is. I dont think you saw my original post.  This was in an email I received. I receive one everytime when I make mock bookings on the website. The cruise consultant emails me (with a standard email, not personal) and it has the information in it that I posted.  I know the website says 120 days or more before the sailing.  

I did read your original post. The email you quoted references the certificate, but nothing at all about the "rules". So, if that message reads the way you're saying, it's completely wrong. Shame on NCL.

2 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

I did read your original post. The email you quoted references the certificate, but nothing at all about the "rules". So, if that message reads the way you're saying, it's completely wrong. Shame on NCL.

Well, it doesnt actually say you can use it sooner than 120 days. It doesnt say anything about "120 days" so its sneaky. 

On 8/18/2023 at 6:07 PM, Smitheroo said:

Hello Christine,

• CruiseFirst Offer:

Stay logged off when doing mock bookings. You are inviting targeted emails by being logged on. 

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Stay logged off when doing mock bookings. You are inviting targeted emails by being logged on. 

You cant deduct the certificates or the extra 15% offered now.  You could do them mentally I suppose.  I just delete the emails so its not a big problem getting them but that one caught my eye