Unlimited Dining Pkg question

Question???s regarding Unlimited Dining Pkg. I'm told one can not make reservations for dinner nightly until you get on board. When I look on the app for Izumi- Hibachi as an example, it allows you to make a reservation if you buy a one night dinner but only 5:30 or before... or 9pm or after. Since were required to wait until we get on board, will we be able to find better times?

Last year on the Anthem we had the UDP and yes ,could only make reservations once on board, when you embark go to any of the Specialty Restaurants and there you can make all your reservations (lunch and dinner)for the times you want. We had them all written down beforehand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Question???s regarding Unlimited Dining Pkg. I'm told one can not make reservations for dinner nightly until you get on board. When I look on the app for Izumi- Hibachi as an example, it allows you to make a reservation if you buy a one night dinner but only 5:30 or before... or 9pm or after. Since were required to wait until we get on board, will we be able to find better times?

For Hibachi this might be a no. The hibachi tables are 8-10 max, with maybe 4 seatings a night. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Book your time and day through the cruise planner. Pay full price and once onboard just switch the reservation to your UDP. You will get a fully refundable OBC. Use your UDP for lunch on embarkation day,  as you are eating let the host make all your reservations for the week. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pattak619 said:

Last year on the Anthem we had the UDP and yes ,could only make reservations once on board, when you embark go to any of the Specialty Restaurants and there you can make all your reservations (lunch and dinner)for the times you want. We had them all written down beforehand.

Sounds like a plan. Did you make dinner plans around your reserved show times? or vice versa?

4 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Book your time and day through the cruise planner. Pay full price and once onboard just switch the reservation to your UDP. You will get a fully refundable OBC. Use your UDP for lunch on embarkation day,  as you are eating let the host make all your reservations for the week. 

Now that's beating the system. 

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I have a feeling if this is done, you'll get re-p;riced to the on board price. Not sure if it's worth at the price I paid but surely will study it. 

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

And do not worry, the host who is going above and beyond will have no idea that you have removed auto tips and he will get nothing. 

Shhhh... it'll be our secret. As I want tell him that you're taking revenue from Royal that pays his salary.  

18 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have a feeling if this is done, you'll get re-p;riced to the on board price. Not sure if it's worth at the price I paid but surely will study it. 

How can it get repriced if you have paid for the package?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So I guess he is suggesting that one buys both the individual nightly dinners & also the UPD.  Then cancel the nightly dinners and bank the OBC. 

Correct.

If you want to make a short term loan to get your own way that is the way to do it. Debatable who is the actual winner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

Waiters in Specialty only get a couple of bucks, most of the 18% goes into the tip pool. 

Not sure anyone actually knows that for fact but I was curious as to why you brought up removing auto-tips from one of the double bookings? One would be refunded automatically - why would you remove the other from the package? Tip extra if you don’t think they are getting enough.

Maybe an attempt at humor, lost on the internet?

It's a weak attempt to slam me for my honesty in another thread saying that I plan to remove my gratuities on my next cruise if given the option. I'll be tipping direct going forward. Bottom line... he doesn't like it. 

And you're right, no one actually knows the %'s much less if there really is a 'tip pool'. He's just spouting what someone else has told him. It's Royal propaganda.  

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Sounds like a plan. Did you make dinner plans around your reserved show times? or vice versa?

Made reservations for dinner first(prime times go fast)Didn’t have any problems with the shows!

• Like 1