Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

This is your Cruise Director, Tahani.

She was on the Jewel in February also. Now that I do the math, I realize it wasn't that long ago. I believe they do 8 month contracts. I thought the bartender extended, but both he and Tahani may have a month or 2 to go. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Sneaky. They slip the junk mail into the freestyle.

IMG_2056.jpeg

So. Much. Junk Mail. It baffles me coming from the environmentally friendly cruise line. Also, you can find the Freestyle on the NCL app, just like Carnival. You don't need the paper, although it is easier to read in paper form.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Uff da said:

So. Much. Junk Mail. It baffles me coming from the environmentally friendly cruise line. Also, you can find the Freestyle on the NCL app, just like Carnival. You don't need the paper, although it is easier to read in paper form.

Carnival pretty much got rid of it post Covid but before that I was having to stop my mail.

IMG_2062.thumb.jpeg.0740c69fbd9be0fa477f16edf9278c31.jpeg

IMG_2063.thumb.jpeg.7f8a01f32892ad6c5a5ba9d0d4577fc2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

All unpacked. Looks like I should be able to get breakfast and lunch in the MDR. That’s big for me. For those who don’t know I’m not a buffet person at all.

IMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.b91e2ec8ff04fb671cffb83d09cf65dc.jpeg

Also O'Sheehans will have breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are 24 hour sit down service and beside their standard menu they will have a dinner special. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

All unpacked. Looks like I should be able to get breakfast and lunch in the MDR. That’s big for me. For those who don’t know I’m not a buffet person at all.

IMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.b91e2ec8ff04fb671cffb83d09cf65dc.jpeg

We were In The Haven on our last cruise with its own restaurant but we usually ate breakfast in the main dining room because they had the best hash browns. Also do not get the breakfast egg sandwich at O’Sheehans unless you ask for a fried egg. The scrambled eggs I got were definitely powdered and someone else mentioned the same thing on another cruise. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I’m afraid I may sound stupid too if I am misunderstanding your question. You can plug an American 2 prong plug into the 3 prong. 

Doh! No, you did not misunderstand, and I have obviously not had enough coffee this morning!  Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

pretty good. I particularly liked the shrimp cake and the dessert.

I found the food really good. I like that there were so many options to choose from each night, actually found myself having to decide compared to usually seeing only one thing I would like. I had a lot of favorites, too many to list lol.

Breakfast and lunch in the MDR was always numerous options also. I was really surprised the night I ordered the steak and it was an edible steak. Tender, juicy, cooked right and hot and crispy fries. Carnival needs to improve on that.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Doesn’t seem like they have a comedy host. This is the comedian. Wi-Fi is rough in the theater. Takes 15 mins to upload a pic. the comedian said we’re going to have two more shows later in the week. That makes me wonder if they only have one comedian? I heard other lines have less comedy but going from 3 shows a night to 3 shows a week would be extreme.

IMG_2035.thumb.jpeg.be6297a217027c2c88a88cfe8b81dc86.jpeg

Was he funny? We had 2 comedians for our 9 night and both barely got a chuckle out of me booooo. 

• Like 2