Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

A couple of thoughts. I never book midship so it’s an adjustment. And it’s a new cruise line so it’s an adjustment. A few times I’ve ended up not where I thought I was. And I’ve nailed it down to one thing. Carnival has odds on one side and evens on the other. NCL has odds and evens on both sides. 

• Like 14

Another thing while I’m thinking of things. The door slamming thing isn’t really a thing here. Think I’ve hear one door slam this week. Why? Doors don’t really slam here. If I let mine go it may not even close all the way. Then you have to go back and pull it tight. But no slams.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I went back to where I was blocked earlier and it was not blocked off. So I don’t know what the deal was. You saw it blocked off earlier

NCL blocks off seats for Haven guests but they always release them about 10 minutes before the show starts. Could that have been what you saw? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This red lamp was outside of the red onion. She didn’t mention this but I have heard the term “red light district” in 

my travels.

IMG_3434.jpeg

I did a school tour to France many years ago and none of the teachers with us spoke french so they relied on the eldest students to give the bus driver instructions. When we were in Paris one of our activities fell through so they asked the driver to bring us to some place with lots of lights ... we wound up in the red light district. One of our teachers stood up and said "obviously we can't let you off the bus here but I'll be back in a few minutes" ... there weren't any sex shops in our home area back then so he took the opportunity to get to one... I'll note I was in an all girls school we only had 2 male teachers and both were on the tour along with 2 of the female teachers. French was a mandatory subject for the students but the teachers that came with us were the Geography/History, Art, Irish and Business studies teachers. The teacher that ran off to the sex shop was the Geography & history teacher. 

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

I did a school tour to France many years ago and none of the teachers with us spoke french so they relied on the eldest students to give the bus driver instructions. When we were in Paris one of our activities fell through so they asked the driver to bring us to some place with lots of lights ... we wound up in the red light district. One of our teachers stood up and said "obviously we can't let you off the bus here but I'll be back in a few minutes" ... there weren't any sex shops in our home area back then so he took the opportunity to get to one... I'll note I was in an all girls school we only had 2 male teachers and both were on the tour along with 2 of the female teachers. French was a mandatory subject for the students but the teachers that came with us were the Geography/History, Art, Irish and Business studies teachers. The teacher that ran off to the sex shop was the Geography & history teacher. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 7

52 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

NCL blocks off seats for Haven guests but they always release them about 10 minutes before the show starts. Could that have been what you saw? 

I don’t think so. The entire lower level was roped off on both sides.

• Like 3

Oh my gosh. I wonder if you can hear basketballs bouncing here in this room and I just don’t know it because it’s Alaska. I just heard this loud sound like someone bouncing a basketball. It was shaking the entire room for a couple minutes then it stopped. This is at 7:30am in Alaska

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Downstairs they had dolls depicting the women.

men would pick from the dolls. When a man went up the respective doll was placed On its back for 15 minutes.

Or various other positions? 😁

On a related subject, is this how the term "living doll" was coined?

• Haha 2