Lots of cabin availability, but........

Palmeat

Hi - we're Saga newbies but have some experience on other lines. We booked 3 weeks to Cape Verde on SoA departing 13 November '23 on an unassigned basis - and were subsequently allocated a 'G' grade standard cabin when Saga reduced their advertised price at the end of July. We booked through our normal TA and received a discounted fare and Saga also added a 'new to Saga' discount - so overall an attractive price. We're happy, so much so that we've added the following 2 weeks on a back-to-back basis as we were offered an irresistible price for an unassigned reservation.

We like the Saga website - particularly the ability to view the number of available cabins. There seem to be quite a lot, c 152 and 172 standard cabins still available on the 2 sailings. Does anyone know if the 'unassigned' element of bookings is included within this availability, i.e. 'net', or might we expect to see the number of vacant cabins reduce significantly as unassignments are assigned closer to sailing dates?

Secondly, on other cruise lines when booking back-to-back cruises we've previously been allocated the same cabin so keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to stay in our 'G' grade without moving for the second leg. Anyone enjoyed a similar experience?

Many thanks for your consideration. Peter.

2 hours ago, Palmeat said:

Hi - we're Saga newbies but have some experience on other lines. We booked 3 weeks to Cape Verde on SoA departing 13 November '23 on an unassigned basis - and were subsequently allocated a 'G' grade standard cabin when Saga reduced their advertised price at the end of July. We booked through our normal TA and received a discounted fare and Saga also added a 'new to Saga' discount - so overall an attractive price. We're happy, so much so that we've added the following 2 weeks on a back-to-back basis as we were offered an irresistible price for an unassigned reservation.

We like the Saga website - particularly the ability to view the number of available cabins. There seem to be quite a lot, c 152 and 172 standard cabins still available on the 2 sailings. Does anyone know if the 'unassigned' element of bookings is included within this availability, i.e. 'net', or might we expect to see the number of vacant cabins reduce significantly as unassignments are assigned closer to sailing dates?

Secondly, on other cruise lines when booking back-to-back cruises we've previously been allocated the same cabin so keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to stay in our 'G' grade without moving for the second leg. Anyone enjoyed a similar experience?

Many thanks for your consideration. Peter.

If no one has booked your follow on cabin there's a chance you can keep it. It's a game of chance which cabin you'll be allocated. If you look at what's available. Usually bow cabins  with restricted views from the balcony. Stern cabins and Sun deck cabins. Although Sun deck  dearer there's a chance that lower decks will be sold before Sun Deck.So if anyone is afflicted to the motion of the ocean these cabins I wouldn't take a chance on especially in winter. 

5 hours ago, Palmeat said:

……..and Saga also added a 'new to Saga' discount….

I booked diectly with Saga and didn’t get one of these. Should I have done ? ( I am new to Saga, and any other line, unless you count Brittany Ferries !)

10 hours ago, FannyLiz said:

I booked diectly with Saga and didn’t get one of these. Should I have done ? ( I am new to Saga, and any other line, unless you count Brittany Ferries !)

Thanks for your comments. Re 'new to Saga' discount, this was described as such by my TA so not sure if it's available booking direct?