Passport help needed urgently

Lisamac669

7 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

actually, this exactly answers the OP's question.  and they are not blatantly violating anything.  

NCL Policy: All Non-U.S. Citizen Guests Must Carry A Valid Passport, (Not Expiring within (6) Months of Return Of Your Cruise). In addition, a tourist visa may be required for entry into certain countries/ports of call. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 10:00 PM, BirdTravels said:

NCL Policy: All Non-U.S. Citizen Guests Must Carry A Valid Passport, (Not Expiring within (6) Months of Return Of Your Cruise). In addition, a tourist visa may be required for entry into certain countries/ports of call. 

I don't know why people expect Cruise Critic to be the definitive source for information. It's a great site if you want feedback on what a ship is like, maybe what cabins are best, recommended restaurants, excursions, activities, etc. But as far as giving blanket 100% guarantees about will, or won't, happen with regard to borders, airlines, and embarkation, it's not a good idea. Not because people who post are insincere, disingenuous, or deliberately misleading, but because relying on information here gives NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER what your experience will be. As long as the OP understands that he/she is ultimately on the hook for whatever happens, no problem. I would follow @cassie's advice and get a new passport ASAP to be on the safe side. But it's not my vacation. Caveat emptor.

• Like 4

On 8/20/2023 at 4:04 PM, phillygwm said:

OK, I need to ask:  Why do you only have 30 hours to book?  If you're looking at the "sale" on the website, fear not.  Another sale will replace it once it expires.

Yeah, the one that is on now is on its 3rd cycle.  As the 3rd day comes and adfvances the warnings appear  "xx hours left" and then the next morning it is back on the website.  Yet that is not what happened with the last promo.  I guess they like to keep us checking their website lol

On 8/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, SoloAlaska said:

Or get your passport renewed.

You do know the OP's cruise is only about 2 weeks away, right? I think the whole issue surrounds whether there's enough time to do that, in case it's necessary. OP lives in the UK, but 12 days doesn't seem like a lot of time.