Transfer from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to Moynihan Train station

traveldayz

Last time we arrived in Brooklyn, a transfer to Moynihan was offered. I don't remember the exact price, but I do remember that it was only a bargain if you were traveling alone. If you have anyone to share expenses, taxi or Uber were much cheaper and a better bet. Unless, of course, you're willing to pay for the convenience of the bus transfer.

5 hours ago, shippmates said:

I saw the transfer from the ship to Moynihan is being offered for $60. and can only be booked once on the ship.

Biggest issue with the bus transfer is where they drop you off. Penn Staion is huge and there is really only one small entrance that gets you directly into the new part of the station without having a long walk through the usual compliment of homeless. If you take a cab, about the same cost, you get to tell the driver whereto drop you.

• Like 1

There are three entrances to Moynihan. One has a ramp down to the concourse. The others enter at the upper level and you take an elevator down t the concourse. Moynihan is easy to get around. I haven't taken the ship's shuttle, but I expect that the bus would drop you at one of the side entrances--just don't go up the stairs, because that takes you into the post office!

The potential problem is being dropped off at the "old" Penn Station. Not homeless people (Penn is getting cleaned up these days), but logistics. The two parts of the station connect, but it's a circuitous route. Not all entrances have elevators down to the concourse (they have escalators and stairs) and there's a lot of construction going on at the 8th Ave end, so managing luggage could be difficult. 

I would get a taxi or Uber. That way you will be sure of being dropped off at a convenient spot. And you wouldn't' have to wait for the bus to fill.

Our experience when disembarking at Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is that it iw very organized. However, we have had a long line to get a taxi at the stand. 

Last time we came into Brooklyn Cruise Terminal we arranged for private car transport to Moynihan while on the ship. It was a bit more expensive but well worth the cost to reduce frustration and standing, waiting in line. We were off the ship about 1/2 hour before our reservation. When we arrived at the pickup area, we were immediately "given" a car. (Too bad we weren't able to get on an earlier train north.)