Oceania Club Spa Credit change

TonicTraveler

For those O Club members who receive a spa credit, read the fine print on the card left in your stateroom.  These credits can no longer be used on any spa promo such as port day specials.  Also, the certificate will not cover the gratuity.  This new policy was implemented about a month ago.  And, the fine print is very, very, small.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TonicTraveler said:

For those O Club members who receive a spa credit, read the fine print on the card left in your stateroom.  These credits can no longer be used on any spa promo such as port day specials.  Also, the certificate will not cover the gratuity.  This new policy was implemented about a month ago.  And, the fine print is very, very, small.

The spa credit has never included coverage of the gratuity - even when it was Canyon Ranch (before AquaMar). Also, If you check you’re onboard account, you’ll always see any added gratuity as a separate line item.

• Like 2

In the past  CR  with the  gratuity  was added  to the spa treatment  but they used the Free Spa  credit  for the TOTAL

They also tried to get more gratuity from you  by leaving the gratuity line blank 

I sometime would give the person a cash tip  if they were really good

This has been around a little longer than a month. On our last cruise we left one of our credits unused because it's beginning to cost too much to use the "free" credit. The biggest issue for us is the increase in the prices on the service. I don't think there are any massages or facials that the credit covers now. Mainly just salon things. 

Edited by ORV
  • Haha 2

Jjwoben1:   The cost of three blow outs went up to $189 plus 20%gratuity last November.   In the past you could use the entire credit to cover treatment and gratuities, now they separate them out.

One of my pet peeves is the manicure/pedicure (the exotic one, not fire and ice) lists at $139, but when you use the credit, they make it $149 🤷‍♀️.   I’ve asked but never get a satisfactory answer.  As they are a third party concession, I am sure they want to be reimbursed the maximum amount they can.   

We were on Regatta in July and they didn’t have the “items necessary for the exotic” but did for the pricier fire and ice.   It was either that or just a polish change.   

Headed back to Vista on August 30 and hopefully the vile, snarky manicurist that was on the Vista Founders cruise has gone home.  

• Like 1

On this same subject I was just looking at the Oceania Club perks in the book I got last week and realized that while Gold & Platinum gets 2 $150 spa credits the Diamond + members gets 2 $200 credits per cabin. I can't believe I've missed this before. 

3 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

Can the certificates be used for the same person or one for each passenger and/or the same service?

1 minute ago, osandomir said:

We’re turning Gold on our upcoming cruise next year. I have no experience with the Spa credits. Can someone tell me please if it’s possible to apply both certificates to the single treatment.

Thanks.

I'll try to answer both questions, it depends. It depends on who the spa manager is and what they will allow. There should be a policy on this, but it seems to vary. It's also changed over the years. Make sure you ask them before you try to do it. Typically my wife has been able to use my certificate but hasn't been able to combine them for one service. She can apply them to two separate services. If there is any left over you will probably lose it unless you get an additional service at the same time. 

As has been stated if you use $125 of it you can't apply the grats to it also, that is charged to your onboard account. In the past if my wife and I were both getting a treatment at the same time and I had some leftover it could applied to hers, but this seems to not be an option anymore. 

On our last cruise there was not any massages or facials that you could get for $150, in the past there were multiple ones. I think this is due to more and more cruisers starting to get the perk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, slw207693 said:

Jjwoben1:   The cost of three blow outs went up to $189 plus 20%gratuity last November.   In the past you could use the entire credit to cover treatment and gratuities, now they separate them out.

One of my pet peeves is the manicure/pedicure (the exotic one, not fire and ice) lists at $139, but when you use the credit, they make it $149 🤷‍♀️.   I’ve asked but never get a satisfactory answer.  As they are a third party concession, I am sure they want to be reimbursed the maximum amount they can.   

We were on Regatta in July and they didn’t have the “items necessary for the exotic” but did for the pricier fire and ice.   It was either that or just a polish change.   

Headed back to Vista on August 30 and hopefully the vile, snarky manicurist that was on the Vista Founders cruise has gone home.  

A 50 minute swedish massage is now $199 and with added 20% grat is $239.  Even with my certificate It will still cost me $90.

My rant is why if I pay double for my cabin as a solo can I not have 2 certificates.

As ORV stated above, in years past when my DH was with me we were able to interchange our certs for treatment AND the grat was included AND we could buy spa products (very overpriced at that). Those days are long gone.

• Like 2

I was very unimpressed with the treatments provided by Aquamar spa.  Last trip, I had a pedicure and manicure, and the therapist was really surly, the manicure was chipping after 2 days.  The facial I had was nowhere near as good as the Canyon Ranch treatment.

Do you have to use the credit for treatments, or would I be able to buy skincare with the credit, as I really don’t want the treatments?

10 minutes ago, Tr1v1alCru1ser said:

Thanks for replying @ORV I thought that might be the case.  Looks like I’ll have to have a treatment I don’t really want 🫤

I know, on our last cruise in June we left one $150 spa credit unused. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I know, on our last cruise in June we left one $150 spa credit unused. 

I am thinking of doing the same 

DH  does not go to the spa  usually he did last time as he needed some neck massage treatment  & Prem is excellent  but  he was with CR

Seems like  a hassle to use the credit