Need info on AARP Princess gift cards.

mmsoko

Recall reading that AARP has Princess gift cards at a discount.  
can’t seem to locate them on AARP site.  Any help/experience will be appreciated.

are they still available? Where/how can they be purchased?

tyia

2 minutes ago, atakkat said:

How much of a headache is it to apply the gift cards? Carnival was easy, Royal was a pain and extremely difficult. 

Not a problem.  Either a TA or Princess can do it.

There is at least one signiifcant thread on this forum about AARP Reward Princess gift cards.

Well, it seems all the chatter here on CC about purchasing these discounted gift cards has resulted in AARP decision to reduced the savings purchasing our cruses this way to save us less money 😞 

3 weeks ago we punched $1,000 gift cards for $900 (saving us 10% of total price of our cruise).

I just purchased another $1,0000 Princess gift card but new price was $920 and not $900. Savings now went down from 10% to 8% (why did they have to do that to all of us???

All other cruise lines remain %10 but, someone at AARP or Princess wants more money i their pockets and not ours and I’m a little upset they just couldn’t leave it the way it has been forever and rather get into more nickel and dimming us (ok I’m done with rant)

I just went on AARP site and bought two $100 cards (for $92 each).  I too noticed the drop from 10% to 8%.  But hey, it's still 8% savings.  I'm down with that.  I use them to apply to my onboard account to pay for the daily gratuities and any other charges I accrue.  

There is also the "free" OBC if you own Carnival stock.  For a 10 day cruise that's $150.  That pays for my wifi.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

I just went on AARP site and bought two $100 cards (for $92 each).  I too noticed the drop from 10% to 8%.  But hey, it's still 8% savings.  I'm down with that.  I use them to apply to my onboard account to pay for the daily gratuities and any other charges I accrue.  

There is also the "free" OBC if you own Carnival stock.  For a 10 day cruise that's $150.  That pays for my wifi.

10 day cruise only $100.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:15 PM, atakkat said:

How much of a headache is it to apply the gift cards? Carnival was easy, Royal was a pain and extremely difficult. 

Just did on line last week, easy.  Put in the info and you print out the gift card

14 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

10 day cruise only $100.

13 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Ah, you are correct.  Thanks !! 😀

Medallion Net has been $15/day for single device for a looong time now.  Platinum and Elite get 50% off.

4 devices is $40/day.

Just a word to the wise as it hasn't yet been stated on this thread. If you're going to use the gift cards on board to help with your expenses, be sure to bring the gift card printout to give to guest services. They will not accept you providing a list of numbers and pins. It seems they want the hard copy (they keep it) as "evidence" for the back office types.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2023 at 12:10 PM, beg3yrs said:

Just a word to the wise as it hasn't yet been stated on this thread. If you're going to use the gift cards on board to help with your expenses, be sure to bring the gift card printout to give to guest services. They will not accept you providing a list of numbers and pins. It seems they want the hard copy (they keep it) as "evidence" for the back office types.

That's probably the safest option, but I was able to just forward the email with the numbers to Princess rep on the ship (at guest services) and it worked just fine.  It was on my account in less than 24 hours.