Embarkation procedure

fiftytoo

Not sure if every port is different but wondering about the procedure for embarkation in Copenhagen e.g. once we arrive by taxi at the port, do porters come and assist with the luggage?  Is this when the luggage labels are handed out and attached? Do we have photos taken for the key card?  Do they ask for a credit card then too?  Sorry for the questions and hope someone who has 'been there/done that' recently is able to help.

3 hours ago, fiftytoo said:

Not sure if every port is different but wondering about the procedure for embarkation in Copenhagen e.g. once we arrive by taxi at the port, do porters come and assist with the luggage?  Is this when the luggage labels are handed out and attached? Do we have photos taken for the key card?  Do they ask for a credit card then too?  Sorry for the questions and hope someone who has 'been there/done that' recently is able to help.

@crusinbanjo is right, but I actually did board in Copenhagen a few weeks ago.  We wheeled our cases toward the tent but porters came racing out to assist. I had printed my luggage tags at home and attached them at the hotel, but the porter will assist if you haven’t done that. 

You then board the ship and your photo is taken there, and credit card swiped. Then off to your stateroom to drop the carry-on, and off you go! Have a wonderful time.

*Remember to watch the safety video in your cabin so that you know what time to attend the Muster drill, where you will be signed off.

Edited by Port Power

1 minute ago, Port Power said:

@crusinbanjo is right, but I actually did board in Copenhagen a few weeks ago.  We wheeled our cases toward the tent but porters came racing out to assist. I had printed my luggage tags at home and attached them at the hotel, but the porter will assist if you haven’t done that. 

You then board the ship and your photo is taken there, and credit card swiped. Then off to your stateroom to drop the carry-on, and off you go! Have a wonderful time.

Thanks, Mrs Banjo and I will be boarding the Dawn in Copenhagen in October…….  Getting excited already!

• Like 1

Make sure you know which pier! There are three cruise piers.

Dawn usually uses Langeline which isn't far past the Little Mermaid - don't go out to Ocean Quay by mistake, it's miles away.

Look here:

https://www.cmport.com/terminals/ships-in-port/

Langeline is C192 (click on the number to check)

The expected pier should be on page 2 of your cruise ticket.

Edited by jollyjones

8 hours ago, Port Power said:

*Remember to watch the safety video in your cabin so that you know what time to attend the Muster drill, where you will be signed off.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply. Very much appreciated.   Port Power ; not sure where to find the luggage tags.  Were they made available on the my.silversea account when the tickets were ready?

27 minutes ago, fiftytoo said:

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply. Very much appreciated.   Port Power ; not sure where to find the luggage tags.  Were they made available on the my.silversea account when the tickets were ready?

You will get the luggage tags at the pier.

50 minutes ago, fiftytoo said:

As @Lois R says, you will get them at the pier.  I forgot that mine were provided by my travel arranger as we were a group.  Don’t stress, it is a very smooth and easy process with the low passenger numbers on a Silversea cruise.