A number of questions for the resident experts

TopofWorld

Booked 2nd Princess cruise after many years for 2024 aboard the new Sun Princess. Bought the "old" Plus package that does not list OceanNow, Room Service, Casual Dining. I know that I can upgrade my package for $10pppd and have those inlcuded so I am trying to decide if its worth it. As a couple, we love breakfast in the cabin so we often order room service for breakfast and also specialty dining. Last cruise (TA on NCL Epic) we tried all specialty restaurants.

1. Am I correct to understand that now all casual dining restaurants (Alfredo’s, GiGi’s, Kai Sushi, Ocean Terrace, O’Malleys, Planks, Salty Dog Pub, Steamers, and Vines - if they are on the specific ship) have a $14.99pp charge to dine there?

2. International Cafe, MDR, and the buffet restaurants are the only "free of charge" restaurants (inlcuded in the fare)?

3. OceanNow: can a kind soul explain this to me like I am a 5-year old? Many confusing answers but I gathered that if I pay $15pp for the entire cruise I can order food and drinks through the app for free and also I am not charged Room Service charges?

4. Specialty Dining: Only 2 restaurants - Sabatini's and Crown Grill. Are these offered as a package or just reserve whenever you want to go and pay a la carte?

Thank you all for your help - for me half the fun of cruising is planning all the little details....

38 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Booked 2nd Princess cruise after many years for 2024 aboard the new Sun Princess. Bought the "old" Plus package that does not list OceanNow, Room Service, Casual Dining. I know that I can upgrade my package for $10pppd and have those inlcuded so I am trying to decide if its worth it. As a couple, we love breakfast in the cabin so we often order room service for breakfast and also specialty dining. Last cruise (TA on NCL Epic) we tried all specialty restaurants.

1. Am I correct to understand that now all casual dining restaurants (Alfredo’s, GiGi’s, Kai Sushi, Ocean Terrace, O’Malleys, Planks, Salty Dog Pub, Steamers, and Vines - if they are on the specific ship) have a $14.99pp charge to dine there?

You can also order a la carte.  The $15 prix fix option gets you an App, a Main, and a Dessert.

2. International Cafe, MDR, and the buffet restaurants are the only "free of charge" restaurants (included in the fare)?

The Lido deck will have a pizza joint (all but Majestic, IIRC), a burger/hot dog grill, a soft ice cream place (Swirls) and these all remain free.

3. OceanNow: can a kind soul explain this to me like I am a 5-year old? Many confusing answers but I gathered that if I pay $15pp for the entire cruise I can order food and drinks through the app for free and also I am not charged Room Service charges?

Yes, and those orders are delivered to where you are located.  It does create a challenge if you order from one location and then head off to another location before delivery.  The $15 includes to your room.  The RS fee applies if you order via cabin telephone.

4. Specialty Dining: Only 2 restaurants - Sabatini's and Crown Grill. Are these offered as a package or just reserve whenever you want to go and pay a la carte?

There are more SD restaurant options depending on which ship you are on, but those two are by far the most prevalent.  You can make SD reservations on board.  You can mix it up or go to the same place as much as budget and space allows.  They don't package multiple SD bookings.

Thank you all for your help - for me half the fun of cruising is planning all the little details....

See answers in blue above.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TopofWorld said:

2. International Cafe, MDR, and the buffet restaurants are the only "free of charge" restaurants (inlcuded in the fare)?

Yes

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TopofWorld said:

All of these answers may change at a moment's notice a day or a month before your cruise.

Steelers answered your questions for what's in policy now.... but "good luck mate" if that's true when you sail. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Edited by Mike07
  • Haha 1