Boarding Time

JimC

2 minutes ago, MKAH said:

It is an adults only section where you rent a lounge or cabana.   I believe you can rent for as little as 1/2 days, but we try to do full sea days, because the regular deck area is hard to find seating sometimes.

Thanks! Do all the Princess ships offer this? And is the price the same for all 3 classes - Basic, Plus and Premier?

2 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

All of your checking-in is done at home, long before you show up at the port.

It is really easy and slick!

1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

I'm new to Princess. What is the Sanctuary?

It is an adults only section where you rent a lounge or cabana.   I believe you can rent for as little as 1/2 days, but we try to do full sea days, because the regular deck area is hard to find seating sometimes.

Here is a link:

Princess Cruises “The Sanctuary” Review and Photo Tour | It's a Lovely Life! (itsalovelylife.com)

2 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'll be boarding my first Princess cruise in Melbourne (Australia) in October. Itinerary tells me boarding is from 1pm to 4pm. Is this Princess doing 'secret' boarding groups? I mean, are they assigning passengers into times rather than letting passengers choose?

1pm seems late. I've boarded other ships in Melbourne and never as late as that.

I've also booked a mini-suite (club class). Doesn't this grade of cabin have earlier boarding benefits?

No, Arrival Groups and times are gone.  They are only publishing a check-in guidelines range and the important time is the end time as that is the latest for checking in.  They will be starting check-in and boarding WELL before 1:00pm.  The ship has port arrival of 7:00am which is when they start disembarking the previous voyage.

1 hour ago, MKAH said:

Eddy, I do not have a check-in option on my Medalion App.   I drilled down all of the green check marked links as shown in this attached screenshot, and I see nothing resembling boarding times. 

Am I not looking in the correct place?

There are no boarding times.  Just check your Travel Summary to find out the latest time for check-in.  The start time is there as well, but most likely a piece of fiction unless something unusual were to occur with the in-bound ship ending the voyage before.

1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

Thanks! Do all the Princess ships offer this? And is the price the same for all 3 classes - Basic, Plus and Premier?

Same price for everyone.  $40/pp/day for a lounger.  $20/pp/half-day.  If you book for the full voyage, you might be able to get it for $30/pp/day (not sure anymore). 

ETA:  Please do not think of Princess Cruise Fare options as "classes".  It's not quite that way.  The only real "class" (to date) is Reserve Class which is for Suites and a select set of Mini-Suites.

Edited by Steelers36

On 8/27/2023 at 8:14 AM, worldtraveller said:

What time did you arrive?  Could you get into the terminal right away or did you have to wait outside?  And about what time did you board?  We are on her in a few weeks.

We got there just before 10, had to wait until the luggage conveyor belts started up, then went inside the building.  Check in was super fast, we were on by 11:15.  Could not put carry on in the stateroom, but they were available around 1 pm. The check in was very organized and smooth.  We had a fantastic time.  Enjoy your cruise!

1 hour ago, MKAH said:

Eddy, I do not have a check-in option on my Medalion App.   I drilled down all of the green check marked links as shown in this attached screenshot, and I see nothing resembling boarding times. 

Am I not looking in the correct place?

Screenshot_20230828_155217_Princess.thumb.jpg.55298352ef5eedbf036651c2f62d893e.jpg

This shows you to be in the green lane. You are as checked-in as you can be at this point.

Show up to the port with your passport and Medallion. You are ready!

Now, make sure that Kathy N is ready.

• Like 1

Just now, EDDY0827 said:

This shows you to be in the green lane. You are as checked-in as you can be at this point.

There are no more boarding times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No, Arrival Groups and times are gone.  They are only publishing a check-in guidelines range and the important time is the end time as that is the latest for checking in.  They will be starting check-in and boarding WELL before 1:00pm.  The ship has port arrival of 7:00am which is when they start disembarking the previous voyage.

So does that mean other passengers have a different time on their Travel Itinerary if they're starting boarding well before the time I see? (Sounds like 'groups' to me!)

10 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

So does that mean other passengers have a different time on their Travel Itinerary if they're starting boarding well before the time I see? (Sounds like 'groups' to me!)

NO. 

ETA:  It means they know better and want to board the ship earlier.

Edited by Steelers36

12 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Same check-in window listed for all passengers listed in the travel summary.

Even when passengers had to select boarding groups, the earliest groups available was 11:00am.  Most ports had check-in open at 10:00 am and let those that were there at that hour check-in and wait in a boarding lounge until the ship was ready for them to board.

• Like 1

Just now, SCX22 said:

Same check-in window listed for all passengers listed in the travel summary.

Even when passengers had to select boarding groups, the earliest groups available was 11:00am.  Most ports had check-in open at 10:00 am and let those that were there at that hour check-in and wait in a boarding lounge until the ship was ready for them to board.

Thank you for your helpful response.

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2023 at 5:56 PM, EDDY0827 said:

Thanks Eddy, Kathy N (my wifey) is Green also.  However, several weeks ago the Medallion order I placed for her, simply disappeared from the Ocean Ready App.  I called Princess and they placed a new order for me.

Wife_Dughter2_Dog2.JPG

Edited by MKAH
added image.