Miami hotels that include shuttle to port?

tizbo1423

My family will be flying down and cruising out of Miami in March, and planning on staying in a hotel the night before to avoid any flight delays the day of. There will be 8 adults and a toddler, and I'm hoping to find a hotel that includes a shuttle to get us all over to the port to avoid chaotic Uber situations with a large group.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that includes a port shuttle, or any other suggestions of getting a large group with a toddler around?

5 hours ago, tizbo1423 said:

My family will be flying down and cruising out of Miami in March, and planning on staying in a hotel the night before to avoid any flight delays the day of. There will be 8 adults and a toddler, and I'm hoping to find a hotel that includes a shuttle to get us all over to the port to avoid chaotic Uber situations with a large group.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that includes a port shuttle, or any other suggestions of getting a large group with a toddler around?

Hello @tizbo1423

Thank you for your new thread. To help you out it has been moved to the North American Homeports - East Coast Departures - Florida Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have been there or live there frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, in downtown offers a shuttle to the port for a fee.  Several hotels near the MIA airport also offer shuttles to the port for a fee as well as free shuttles from the airport.

8 adults and a toddler plus bags sounds like two UBER XL cars to me.  Does your toddler need a booster seat?  If so I would bring your own.

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, in downtown offers a shuttle to the port for a fee.  Several hotels near the MIA airport also offer shuttles to the port for a fee as well as free shuttles from the airport.

8 adults and a toddler plus bags sounds like two UBER XL cars to me.  Does your toddler need a booster seat?  If so I would bring your own.

Actually the toddler needs a car seat, which adds another level of chaos. Will shuttles let me have her on my lap for the ride, or do is that not an option?

1 hour ago, tizbo1423 said:

Actually the toddler needs a car seat, which adds another level of chaos. Will shuttles let me have her on my lap for the ride, or do is that not an option?

I would call the hotel  & ask

19 hours ago, tizbo1423 said:

Typically, if the shuttle is equipped with seat belts, like a 15-18 passenger van, then you will need a car seat.  If the shuttle does not have seat belts, like the vans often used by car rental agencies, then you will not need the car seat.  

The airline will check the car seat for free if you choose not to use it on your flight.  Bringing your own car seat will open up many more transportation options.  You will not need a car seat if you use the cruise line bus to get to the port.