Difficulty making specialty restaurant reservations on smart phone?

edgee

My specialty reservation window for November cruise on Vista opens while I am on another cruise line ship with notoriously unreliable internet. It will be during a sea day. If internet us down, I am wondering if I will be able to make reservations using my smart phone while at sea using Cellular at Sea service. Has anyone had experience using their smart phone rather than computer to make specialty reservations. Any stories of success or difficulty? Thanks.

5 minutes ago, edgee said:

My specialty reservation window for November cruise on Vista opens while I am on another cruise line ship with notoriously unreliable internet. It will be during a sea day. If internet us down, I am wondering if I will be able to make reservations using my smart phone while at sea using Cellular at Sea service. Has anyone had experience using their smart phone rather than computer to make specialty reservations. Any stories of success or difficulty? Thanks.

Can't you use a computer in the computer center?

44 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Can't you use a computer in the computer center?

If I remember correctly, the computers in the computer center, at least on the O and R ships, are not hard wired and are also using wifi. Perhaps someone onboard can verify.

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe  the  computers onboard  will  be working  or  if you have the  Concierge  that will help book the options for you ??

Unless I am missing what he stated, he will not be on an Oceania cruise when the reservations open.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

And I should not have said he….have no idea.  Sorry. 

I will be on a Celebrity cruise, actually, and hear the internet is horrible on the ship. So all I wondering is how easy or difficult is it to make specialty reservations on a smart phone in case I need to resort to that.

7 minutes ago, edgee said:

I will be on a Celebrity cruise, actually, and hear the internet is horrible on the ship. So all I wondering is how easy or difficult is it to make specialty reservations on a smart phone in case I need to resort to that.

Yea, I understand.  Just that everyone was responding as though you were to be on an Oceania cruise at the time.  I just wanted to point that out. Hopefully someone can answer your inquiry on booking on a smart phone.  I never have personally on a smart phone. I have on ipad….and that worked easily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would answer my own question about ease of booking dining reservations using a smart phone. Reservations window opened today for my November cruise. Was able to book them easily using my Android phone. Was worried because I am currently on a Celebrity ship on a sea day in the Eastern Med. Fortunately the ship has installed Starlink internet and it works great for callls, texting and internet...a different world from cruise ship internet of the past. Hopefully Oceania's Starlink will work as well.

Edited by edgee
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, edgee said:

Just thought I would answer my own question about ease of booking dining reservations using a smart phone. Reservations window opened today for my November cruise. Was able to book them easily using my Android phone. Was worried because I am currently on a Celebrity ship on a sea day in the Eastern Med. Fortunately the ship has installed Starlink internet and it works great for callls, texting and internet...a different world from cruise ship internet of the past. Hopefully Oceania's Starlink will work as well.

On Vista now.  Starlink is night and day difference to the older system.

• Like 2