Embarkation Day

pappy1022

We finished our online tasks and received our embarkation information email from Regent today. We are getting excited to be back with Regent. We also have a Regent pre cruise hotel package for the night before embarkation and I have a procedural question. We have an 11:30 AM embarkation time slot. How does the hotel to ship process work? I assume that the earlier the embarkation, the earlier the bus you are assigned. I know that others we are traveling with have a 12 noon embarkation time slot. When do we get the details about when we will leave the hotel and what bus we get on? Yes, I get into the details but that’s just in my DNA. 

Oh, you are giving the shore people alot of credit.  First - remember - most of this forum has said once you are on board things will be fantastic.

Our embarkation was in Cape Town with a pre-night.  Several of us arrived at the pre-night hotel around 10:30 pm ending our pre-cruise land trip. We asked about pick up times the next day and was told 7:30am.  None of us believed that and agreed we could sleep late.  We had a really nice breakfast and after we got repacked etc, went downstairs to see what the process was.  (I do not remember what we did with our large suitcases)  Oh, what chaos.  We checked out and headed outside and we were put on a bus and our carry-ons were stored below.  The port was pretty chaotic.  We got off the bus and realized the shore people had taken our carry-ons and put them with all the luggage.  Several of us complained and needed to get our carry-ons back, mainly because of security and meds.  So we were taken into the luggage area and allowed to pick up any suitcase we wanted, but we all picked our own carry-ons.

Some kind of line was forming (not much area to sit) so we got in line.  There was and interesting display of beaded objects which we had plenty of time to look at as the line slowly moved. (At several ports during the cruise we would find this type of beaded pieces many places.)  Our assigned time was noon.  Don't know what time we got onboard, but the line moved fairly quickly as we got closer.  We made it onto the ship . . . .YEAH. . . .  and up to the pool grill for lunch and a beer.

0011.JPG

0014.JPG

0013.JPG