Luggage tags

pinklucky61

21 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

I keep EVERYTHING. LOL. including old luggage tags. Most definitely been on them for quite some time.

I thought I was the only packrat around here. I still have the old luggage tags, boarding passes and other paperwork that they used to send you in the mail about 2 weeks or so before the cruise before Al Gore's amazing internet was a thing.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

our tags have the names printed on them. Dont know why the instructions tell you to write your name on them when it is already there. lol   Also, why cant you cut the tags down to fit a tag holder if you dont cut away any info?  why does it have to be folded instead if i am putting it in a luggage tag and not stapling it around the handle?

Thanks

16 hours ago, majhavic said:

our tags have the names printed on them. Dont know why the instructions tell you to write your name on them when it is already there. lol   Also, why cant you cut the tags down to fit a tag holder if you dont cut away any info?  why does it have to be folded instead if i am putting it in a luggage tag and not stapling it around the handle?

Thanks

Of course you can cut it if you're going to stick it into a luggage tag holder, even though they fit just fine folded.   

FYI: The luggage tag holders are great and easy to use, but the wire faster can come unscrewed or the plastic holder ripped off, if it happens to rub against a conveyer belt just the right way.   I worked on an airport luggage conveyer system years ago, and was amazed at how many luggage tags and fastener wires were laying on the floor below the conveyers.

Just to be safe, I now put luggage tags on both handles, just incase one falls off.  I also add another printed tag (unfolded) inside the suitcases, on top of the clothes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, majhavic said:

Thanks

As long as you can read the info, you can cut them to fit.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:39 PM, majhavic said:

Thanks

I use the clear plastic tag holders. They fit fine folded; the thickeness of the folded tag makes it easier to work with than a thin sheet,

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 6:39 PM, majhavic said:

Also, why cant you cut the tags down to fit a tag holder if you dont cut away any info?  why does it have to be folded instead if i am putting it in a luggage tag and not stapling it around the handle?

the instructions not to cut and to fold is for creating a paper tag with enough strength to survive getting on the ship and making it to your cabin.     if you are pitting them in a tag holder you are increasing the strength so all that is really needed is the info on the part that faces up when you fold it.

• Like 1