Lido buffet embarkation day

abbeydoo

I looked at the Fun Times on Willdra's Celebration review and Lido Marketplace is open on Embarkation Day 12 - 2:30 and then reopens at 6pm.  Guy's Burgers is open until 6pm on every ship I've cruised on.  What ship are you cruising on?

17 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I looked at the Fun Times on Willdra's Celebration review and Lido Marketplace is open on Embarkation Day 12 - 2:30 and then reopens at 6pm.  Guy's Burgers is open until 6pm on every ship I've cruised on.  What ship are you cruising on?

I'll be on the Pride from Dover.

4 hours ago, TreyB said:

3:30. 

Get a Guy’s Burger instead. Open until 6 PM every day. 

Better than the Lido food. Exception is the salad bar or the deli. Both of those are good. 

I do love a Guy's burger but I shouldn't really eat them. It is the salad bar I'm after. Bizarrely, I eat really quite healthy on a cruise, ignoring the copious amounts of alcohol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, abbeydoo said:

I do love a Guy's burger but I shouldn't really eat them. It is the salad bar I'm after. Bizarrely, I eat really quite healthy on a cruise, ignoring the copious amounts of alcohol.

I like the Guy burger but limit my self to one on a cruise usually without a bun for health reasons. 

Panorama, two weeks ago, on Embarkation Day, the Lido Marketplace (buffet) was open from11:30 to 3:30.  It was a complete madhouse, with lots of carry-on luggage (maybe not in the later part of the day), and lots of people who were exploring and had not yet learned the ropes.  As of 1:00 p.m., almost impossible to find seats.

20 hours ago, TreyB said:

3:30. 

Get a Guy’s Burger instead. Open until 6 PM every day. 

Better than the Lido food. Exception is the salad bar or the deli. Both of those are good. 

The deli should be open, even if the buffet is closed.

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:27 PM, Mike45LC said:

Panorama, two weeks ago, on Embarkation Day, the Lido Marketplace (buffet) was open from11:30 to 3:30.  It was a complete madhouse, with lots of carry-on luggage (maybe not in the later part of the day), and lots of people who were exploring and had not yet learned the ropes.  As of 1:00 p.m., almost impossible to find seats.

Oh, that doesn't sound great. Have booked my slot for 2pm so hoping to have a quick muster, drop off bags and have lunch after the rush. 

3 minutes ago, abbeydoo said:

Oh, that doesn't sound great. Have booked my slot for 2pm so hoping to have a quick muster, drop off bags and have lunch after the rush. 

I arrived at the Buffet at 1:00.  At 1:30, we were allowed access to our cabins.  Maybe by the time you muster and drop off bags, the Buffet will have calmed down. 

• Like 3

On 8/25/2023 at 3:27 PM, Mike45LC said:

My friend will be sailing on the Panorama for the first time and was just asking me what time to board the ship. I suggested that he board in time for lunch. Do you have any suggestions? What is the earliest and the latest that you arrive?  I’ve not sailed Carnival since at least 2012. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My friend will be sailing on the Panorama for the first time and was just asking me what time to board the ship. I suggested that he board in time for lunch. Do you have any suggestions? What is the earliest and the latest that you arrive?  I’ve not sailed Carnival since at least 2012. Thank you. 

This was my first Carnival cruise in decades, so I’m no expert.  We had not anticipated the traffic into the Cruise Terminal, the mob scene at the baggage drop-off area or even the parking garage mess, circling up and around looking for a space.  So we were late for our check-in, which was not a problem at all.  

Once we boarded, we headed straight to the Lido Deck, which was jammed.  Advise your friend to go to the buffet to the Deli section for lunch as soon as he gets on board.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2023 at 3:27 PM, Mike45LC said:

Yup.
We cruised the Quantum of the Seas to Alaska in June and the problem was the same. They made several announcements for people to move out of the buffet area after their lunch and got little cooperation.

18 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

This was my first Carnival cruise in decades, so I’m no expert.  We had not anticipated the traffic into the Cruise Terminal, the mob scene at the baggage drop-off area or even the parking garage mess, circling up and around looking for a space.  So we were late for our check-in, which was not a problem at all.  

Once we boarded, we headed straight to the Lido Deck, which was jammed.  Advise your friend to go to the buffet to the Deli section for lunch as soon as he gets on board.  

Thank you. Does Carnival assign arrival times? If so, he’s not aware of this.  How did you like the Panorama? I wish I was able to go.

Carnival does a sign boarding times for embarkation. Supposedly, these are enforced, but since we arrived late, we did not see if they were actually enforced.

Boarding was kind of a madhouse.  we are used to having priority, but we had none at all with Carnival, so it was a long wait. 

I believe the full double occupancy statistic for the panorama is approximately 4000 passengers.  We were told they were over 5000 passengers on the ship, which was the equivalent of 2 1/2 people per cabin. That translated into lots of children. The ship was too crowded for my tastes, And I am not a fan of the waterworks, and other youth oriented activities on board. I will go back to Celebrity and Princess, and will leave carnival to others. Don’t get me wrong, we had a wonderful cruise.  Any day on a carnival cruise is better than a day in the office!

Miss So Cal, I hope your friend has an amazing cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I believe the full double occupancy statistic for the panorama is approximately 4000 passengers.  We were told they were over 5000 passengers on the ship, which was the equivalent of 2 1/2 people per cabin. That translated into lots of children. The ship was too crowded for my tastes, And I am not a fan of the waterworks, and other youth oriented activities on board. I will go back to Celebrity and Princess, and will leave carnival to others. 

Not all Carnival cruises are jam packed with children. I am currently on the Pride and the CD said there were only 40 kids on this cruise. 

If you avoid school vacation times, as well as the ships that are more kid focused (with roller coasters, etc.), you may have a Carnival cruise that is more to your liking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Carnival does a sign boarding times for embarkation. Supposedly, these are enforced, but since we arrived late, we did not see if they were actually enforced.

Boarding was kind of a madhouse.  we are used to having priority, but we had none at all with Carnival, so it was a long wait. 

I believe the full double occupancy statistic for the panorama is approximately 4000 passengers.  We were told they were over 5000 passengers on the ship, which was the equivalent of 2 1/2 people per cabin. That translated into lots of children. The ship was too crowded for my tastes, And I am not a fan of the waterworks, and other youth oriented activities on board. I will go back to Celebrity and Princess, and will leave carnival to others. Don’t get me wrong, we had a wonderful cruise.  Any day on a carnival cruise is better than a day in the office!

Miss So Cal, I hope your friend has an amazing cruise.

Thank you so much!  You are always so kind and helpful.