Royal Caribbean vs Sun Princess

CCW84

Looking at two Mediterranean cruises. One week. Choices are Royal Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas or the new Sun Princess. Which one will have the most entertainment and activities for a 6 and 9 year old? 

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

A little hard to answer your question, as Sun Princess doesn't sail for 5 more months, and not many will know all the intimate details of her.

Start with asking about kid entertainment on Princess, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

and on RCI, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/51-royal-caribbean-international/

59 minutes ago, CCW84 said:

Looking at two Mediterranean cruises. One week. Choices are Royal Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas or the new Sun Princess. Which one will have the most entertainment and activities for a 6 and 9 year old? 

Hello @CCW84 and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards!

To help you out your thread has been moved to the Special Interest Cruising - Family Cruises forum where it will be on topic. Since you are cruising with kids, that is where you will find the best family cruising advice. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Happy sails,

Host Kat

If this is during the summer, I'd recommend considering either a Baltic or Norway cruise for young children, since the ships tend to dock close to main cities, the weather will be cooler and there's lots to do for kids.  

Do you anticipate your kids liking the kids clubs?  If so (and given the limited sea days on most European cruises), I'd go more for itinerary than ship in Europe.  We haven't sailed Princess since covid, but precovid they were our favorite line, with an excellent kids club.  RC also had a wonderful kids club and both had very good food, so hopefully you will be happy no matter what you choose.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

I would go with Sun Princess. Voyager is older, but it does have lots of fun things for kids. Sun Princess is new and is supposed to be a lot more fun for kids than other Princess ships. It's very different!

I have booked RCI ships in the last few years, but my kid ended up NOT wanted to do any of the activities except for laser tag. I overpaid for all the fun he refused to have. He wants to go on Princess ships...

European cruises are more port intensive than Caribbean cruises. You may end up spending a lot more time on shore....