Seaside 8/27 Delayed Arrival

laudergayle

So the Seaside is having engine issues and won’t start disembarking guests until 9:30 tomorrow morning.  We are sailing out tomorrow. We had a boarding time of 1-1:30 but we’re going to get to the port early since GoPort was picking us up at 10 am from airport hotel.

MSC has since adjusted our boarding time to 3-3:30…but Go Port says their original pickup for us will remain.

Question:  assuming we arrive at the Port Terminal at 11-11:30 am…will we be standing outside in the sun for several hours?  Any insight is appt.  TIA

4 hours ago, lindyf said:

Hope this is just a small issue and can be fixed quickly. Be cruise Sept. 3 as well. 

Hopefully, they'll have sorted out your "special" air vents for your cabin!☺️

I did read that even if the engine was not fixed this 4 day cruise would not be impacted as they can cruise at a lower speed as it is only Bahamas and Ocean Cay.  I do not know whether it was fixed but they did leave PC yesterday. 

6 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

I did read that even if the engine was not fixed this 4 day cruise would not be impacted as they can cruise at a lower speed as it is only Bahamas and Ocean Cay.  I do not know whether it was fixed but they did leave PC yesterday. 

I think that we will find out whether the problem persists and how big it might actually be when they take the western Caribbean itinerary next Sunday.  If there is still a problem, I would expect that they would need to modify the itinerary.  The 3/4 day itineraries in the Bahamas do not require as much from the propulsion system.

UPDATE.  Seems we’re still on 3 engines.  We got onboard yesterday just after noon…we were very early in line.  Ship embarked on time….after Cosst Guard inspection and clearance.

However the new twist is potential hurricane Idalia.  They canceled Ocean Cay for tomorrow and we are staying in Nassau till 5 pm due to the storm and our safety. I guess since OC is so close to FL and Idalia track is still not certain.  If anything I would wonder about the 3-day cruise after us.  

Aww man, my co-worker is on his first cruise and it's this one. I haven't done an MSC yet,but going next year and have been watching and reading up on Ocean cay, had him all pumped for it..oh well, as long as you guys are safe. Hopefully you enjoy the rest of the cruise!!