Trying to book Cunard but no mention of OBC amount included

Hi everyone.  We, over the years, have booked using Cunard online as well as various TA's.  Prior to covid I remember that when you booked online yourself any OBC used to show, but for the past few years I have noticed they do not specify.  At the moment, we are trying to book a 2025 Fjord cruise on QM2 under the "Big Balcony Event" which says extra on board spend but does not say how much.  Even going through the process until the time to pay, still does not list this.  

Has anyone else had this occur?  I have checked online TA just to see if they show amount and they do.  We do not want to book without knowing for sure and I have tried calling them but of course, since it is Sunday here, they are closed.

So frustrating, but guess I will have to wait to call them tomorrow (Monday).  I just wanted to see if anyone noticed that they stopped showing the actual amount in recent times. I have posted this in the general Cunard Forum as well.

I've noticed it too when I'm looking at various cruises I'm interested in and calculating 'deals'. Why they don't just tell you how much the OBC is on the page prior to inputting personal details I don't know. They seem to only tell you when you get the confirmation email I think.

I don't know how many dealings you've had with the call centre but I wish you luck - I've found them less than helpful.

Can I ask how much the online TA was quoting for OBC? I'm just wondering if we're talking big figures or the usual small amounts we seem to be offerred in our market.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I can't see it either. One of the local travel media sites was saying it started at $US150 for 7 nights, but I don't know if that is pp or per cabin.

I've just checked a big box website which has a cheaper price if not using the current promotion (?) plus $250USD OBC for a cabin (9 night cruise), versus $300USD OBC for the current Cunard balcony promotion but the fare was $200AUD more expensive (same cruise).

Also, using the TA's own promotion required only 10% deposit versus the Cunard promotion's requirement of 20%.

I think booking directly with Cunard for this promotion does allow for a return of deposit though (but worth checking with call centre as the website's information on this seems to say two different things). Swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1