Wonder of the Seas Specialty Dining and Booking Question

BamaTNT

We have Unlimited Specialty Dining booked on the Wonder of the Seas in October. We know that a courtesy reservation will be made the 1st or 2nd night of the cruise. We also know that you can't reserve the rest of your dining experiences until you board the ship. We've also noticed that people can go ahead and reserve dinner at the certain specialty restaurants if they are reserving one or two.

The question is....is there a possibility that certain restaurants are sold out before we get on the ship and are able to book? By the way...our boarding time is 11:00 AM.

27 minutes ago, BamaTNT said:

We have Unlimited Specialty Dining booked on the Wonder of the Seas in October. We know that a courtesy reservation will be made the 1st or 2nd night of the cruise. We also know that you can't reserve the rest of your dining experiences until you board the ship. We've also noticed that people can go ahead and reserve dinner at the certain specialty restaurants if they are reserving one or two.

The question is....is there a possibility that certain restaurants are sold out before we get on the ship and are able to book? By the way...our boarding time is 11:00 AM.

The only restaurant I have ever had difficulties with is Hibachi.  Head there first as you can only make reservations for Hibachi at Hibachi

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only restaurant I have ever had difficulties with is Hibachi.  Head there first as you can only make reservations for Hibachi at Hibachi

This is definitely true, but understand the doors to Hibachi may not be open yet if you are truly one of the first to board. 

In addition some night may be truly sold out at some restaurants, mostly talking about Chops and 150.  The key is to split up if going to wait for Hibachi, other person hits kiosk desk or other resturant with wish list, then adjust for anytime you can get Hibachi. 

Be flexible, you're still getting a heck of a deal compared to full price specialty dining

Edited by cruisegus
  • Like 2

We did not have UDP but on days 4-7, we simply called each day and were able to get into specialty restaurants at 7pm, including Friday night hibachi for 4 same day.  This was may and the ship was quite full.  Don't hesitate to try this approach to get a better time for your dining as well. I'm not sure if playmakers counts in the UDP, but a great place to try as well.

Thanks for the info....my concern is that we just looked and for our sailing there are no more reservations available for Izumi. So we are going to pay for UDP and not be able to eat at all of the places....Really stinks.

10 minutes ago, BamaTNT said:

Thanks for the info....my concern is that we just looked and for our sailing there are no more reservations available for Izumi. So we are going to pay for UDP and not be able to eat at all of the places....Really stinks.

There are more spots available than what you see online pre-cruise.

• Like 1