Enchantment.. Noise From the Windjammer Grand Suite 8528

bgregan

My wife and I just booked a GS 8528 on the Enchantment for a 7 Night Western cruise in March 2024.  After reading some posts about noise it really has me worried. Should we try to change to somewhere completely different?  Is the noise THAT bad?  My wife and I are in our 50s and enjoy staying in our cabins, reading, napping and relaxing on the balcony.  We can bring ear plugs and a sound machine but we definitely need our sleep. Lol. Is it too loud for even that?  Thank you for any advise you can give us. 

We have not sailed on Enchantment but a few years ago (less than 8 ) we were on Grandeur in a GS right beneath the WJ and I promised NEVER again.  It was really noisy.  REALLY noisy.  I will never ever pay for a full suite again on a Vision class ship unless it is one of the ones that is NOT beneath the WJ.

Edited by RFerrington
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We have not sailed on Enchantment but a few years ago (less than 8 ) we were on Grandeur in a GS right beneath the WJ and I promised NEVER again.  It was really noisy.  REALLY noisy.  I will never ever pay for a full suite again on a Vision class ship unless it is one of the ones that is NOT beneath the WJ.

Thank you very much.  Maybe we should change our room.  We really wanted the Grand Suite (we just love them) but if it's going to be that noisy I don't think it's going to be worth it.  Maybe we should try to switch it for a JS on Deck 7 in the AFT

Edited by bgregan

My husband & I have been in The Royal Suite, The Owners 

suite & The Grand Suite on Enchantment. We were in the Grand suite for 20 days & it is the noisiest. Sorry to have to tell you that!  We spent most of the time either in the suite lounge or on our deck.  The noise from the carts are the worst & it’s early morning.  If you still have a chose, I would go as far as I could forward.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, aftermidnight said:

My husband & I have been in The Royal Suite, The Owners 

suite & The Grand Suite on Enchantment. We were in the Grand suite for 20 days & it is the noisiest. Sorry to have to tell you that!  We spent most of the time either in the suite lounge or on our deck.  The noise from the carts are the worst & it’s early morning.  If you still have a chose, I would go as far as I could forward.

Thank you.  As of right now we are in GS 8528 which is the farthest forward Grand Suite on the Deck 8 starboard side.  I'm seriously considering either downgrading to a Junior Suite on Deck 7 or even a Oceanview Balcony on another quieter deck.  

We were in the owners suite in July 8014 which is also under the windjammer.  Every so often I'd hear them rolling something along the floor but that was it.  I never heard any noise from people in the windjammer.  It didn't bother me at all.  The room was beautiful and we enjoyed the special treatment we got from the staff for staying in a suite.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Enchantment this morning, so n the RS just a few doors down from you. I didn’t find it especially noisy but I’m an early morning person and this was a port intensive cruise so I may have been out of the room during the noisy times. 

On 10/16/2023 at 5:53 AM, bucfan2 said:

Question for 'those in the know'.  Booked 1br GS on enchantment.  Can upgrade to OS for $1100.  Seems like a great price, yet can't seem to find justification in the upgrade.  Appreciate opinions.  Thanks.

We stayed in the owners suite just behind the bridge on our trip.  It was fabulous.  The room was absolutely huge.  Gigantic bathroom with a tub and a shower.  Big sectional to sit on and relax.  The balcony was large enough for 2 loungers and 2 chairs with a table.  We bid up from a Junior Suite so it was a no-brainer for us.  Plus we got the suite perks that we wouldn't have gotten in the JS.