Carnival welcome back party

JOHN 57

Now it is only open to Platinum and Diamond cruisers and their guests.  On the Excel ships, it is now very limited as to drinks, but they add a credit to your account so you get any drink, I think up to $15, on the day of the party.   On the other ships, it is likely to be an open bar.  

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Now it is only open to Platinum and Diamond cruisers and their guests.  On the Excel ships, it is now very limited as to drinks, but they add a credit to your account so you get any drink, I think up to $15, on the day of the party.   On the other ships, it is likely to be an open bar.  

I've only ever heard that referred to as the Platinum / Diamond reception ..... maybe I learned something today.

And yeah, the ones I've been to on the smaller ships it was pretty much an open bar with servers roaming around pushing drinks on us.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Now it is only open to Platinum and Diamond cruisers and their guests.  

Technically not their guests. But because Carnival employees are afraid of bad survey ratings or being mentioned by name, if you ask if you can bring a guest the answer is usually yes.  And then bringing a guest turns into bringing 8 guests.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Technically not their guests. But because Carnival employees are afraid of bad survey ratings or being mentioned by name, if you ask if you can bring a guest the answer is usually yes.  And then bringing a guest turns into bringing 8 guests.

The invites lately actually say you and a guest. But I agree, it should only be one guest per invited cruiser,  

15 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

The invites lately actually say you and a guest. But I agree, it should only be one guest per invited cruiser,  

I don't remember them inviting a guest in a long time (maybe since it was the Past Guest Party and anyone at all could get in) but I haven't cruised on Carnival since October 2022.  Will see what it says on Mardi Gras next week. 

7 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I don't remember them inviting a guest in a long time (maybe since it was the Past Guest Party and anyone at all could get in) but I haven't cruised on Carnival since October 2022.  Will see what it says on Mardi Gras next week. 

On the Pride right now and got an invite that specifically says "you and a guest". 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:welcome back party.

I haven’t heard “Welcome Back Party” for a long time.  The last time we went to that party was 2004 / 05.   The party was open to all return cruisers. The ones we went to was in a night club. They were lots of fun!!!

14 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Truer words...
If you haven't cruised in a year or so you might not know they changed this. The invitation says you and a guest. They essentially gave up on enforcing the old system.
 What hasn't changed in several years is the "I'd rather be anywhere but here" look from ships officers and staff members. They stand at the entrance, are introduced and don't wait around long after that. The entire event lasted fifteen minutes on the past several cruises.
Last, a Dallas guy living in St Louis? Come back, Texas needs more originals. Go Astros :)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Truer words...
If you haven't cruised in a year or so you might not know they changed this. The invitation says you and a guest. They essentially gave up on enforcing the old system.

The ironic part is they changed it from the past guest party to the P/D party because there were too many past guests (from Red VIFP and up) to have the party.  Now they're letting P/D invite guests, so the party will get bigger again.

Part of me thinks this may be planned obsolescence... let the party get too big and Carnival can play the "too many Platinum guests" card.  Diamonds already have their own event, so they could get rid of the whole party and just throw Platinums a drink voucher instead.

• Like 2