Booking Shows

debnjoe1438

The app really only works when on board and connected to the ship's intranet. Though it does have a countdown clock 😉 You also have to log out of each booking if you have multiple bookings to access them separately 

You can pay for shows, dining packages, and Spa services before you board but you cannot schedule them to a specific date and time until onboard the ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

The app really only works when on board and connected to the ship's intranet. Though it does have a countdown clock 😉 You also have to log out of each booking if you have multiple bookings to access them separately 

You can pay for shows, dining packages, and Spa services before you board but you cannot schedule them to a specific date and time until onboard the ship. 

pay for shows? do you mean reserve a seat?

Just now, Super Curly said:

pay for shows? do you mean reserve a seat?

Some ships have a special venue (not the main theater) where there are additional shows for an upcharge. I am not sure of all of them, but I know on the Meraviglia, there are two shows in the Carousel Lounge that can be booked for a fee. When I was on in April, the fee was as follows: $12pp if booked online prior to sailing, $18pp if booked onboard, and $5pp if booked on board you had the Specialty Dining package (though no food is served at the show, so not really sure what it has to do with dining). The two shows were House of Houdini and Rock Circus. They were both sort of cirque du soleil style shows. The venue has a round stage that has lots of moving parts... screens that come down from the ceiling, stairs that open up in the back... that sort of thing. I only saw Rock Circus, but it was really really good.

There is normal entertainment in the main theatre every night that is not an additional charge, but does require a reservation, as seating can be limited.

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Some ships have a special venue (not the main theater) where there are additional shows for an upcharge. I am not sure of all of them, but I know on the Meraviglia, there are two shows in the Carousel Lounge that can be booked for a fee. When I was on in April, the fee was as follows: $12pp if booked online prior to sailing, $18pp if booked onboard, and $5pp if booked on board you had the Specialty Dining package (though no food is served at the show, so not really sure what it has to do with dining). The two shows were House of Houdini and Rock Circus. They were both sort of cirque du soleil style shows. The venue has a round stage that has lots of moving parts... screens that come down from the ceiling, stairs that open up in the back... that sort of thing. I only saw Rock Circus, but it was really really good.

There is normal entertainment in the main theatre every night that is not an additional charge, but does require a reservation, as seating can be limited.

Thank you for the clarification. We will be on the Splendida next May and I assume if something like this exists on our sailing we will be informed ahead of time. Is that true?

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

No.  You can do it in the app after boarding, or on the interactive boards around the ship.  EM

Some questions regarding the reservation system?  Is there an attendant at the entrance checking reservation on everyone entering?  Do they have the reservation list or do you have to show it on your app?  Can you sit anywhere or is there seat assignment on the reservation? What happens if you don't have a reservation - do you get turned away or be put on a waiting list, since some won't show up?

56 minutes ago, Super Curly said:

Thank you for the clarification. We will be on the Splendida next May and I assume if something like this exists on our sailing we will be informed ahead of time. Is that true?

Splendida is a Fantasia class ship.  There is only the main theater (The Strand).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dns20 said:

Some questions regarding the reservation system?  Is there an attendant at the entrance checking reservation on everyone entering?  Do they have the reservation list or do you have to show it on your app?  Can you sit anywhere or is there seat assignment on the reservation? What happens if you don't have a reservation - do you get turned away or be put on a waiting list, since some won't show up?

You reserve it by tapping your card on the touch screen or in the app.  When you get to the theater an attendant scans your card to see if you have a reservation.  Five minutes before show time they start allowing in folks without reservations.  This is because the theater can’t hold everyone so to avoid the crowding.  Most shows have three showings per night.  There is no seat assignment .EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

You reserve it by tapping your card on the touch screen or in the app.  When you get to the theater an attendant scans your card to see if you have a reservation.  Five minutes before show time they start allowing in folks without reservations.  This is because the theater can’t hold everyone so to avoid the crowding.  Most shows have three showings per night.  There is no seat assignment .EM

If you are linked with another cabin can one of us reserve for all of us? 

29 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Thank you for clarifying how it works.  Since they have to scan everyone's card, is there a line to get in, like at certain "rush hour" (to avoid)?