Suite Bar Stocking Preferences

aliaschief

5 hours ago, mbarker said:

On the Quest now. Requested diet Mt. Dew ahead of sailing but upon boarding were told it is not available.

Firstly talk to your Cabin Steward and if that doesn't go anywhere , ask for the beverage manager and see if they can swing something.  

5 hours ago, Steve007NY said:

One can purchase diet Mountain Dew in New Zealand. Is that something me might actually do or should we be picking up cases to bring on board for my hubby?

If you make a special request for items they don't typically stock, they may be able to make it happen with enough advance notice, but you have to accept that it's only a request and not guaranteed to happen. Even though an item may be available in a port the cruise is visiting, they don't always have the time to send a crew member out to do personal shopping for a customer's request. And they have limited funds for local purchases instead of what they get from their suppliers in each region. If you'd be okay if they aren't able to fulfill your special request for a particular soda, then make the request and hope for the best; if absolutely need cases of a particular soda for a cruise to avoid being grumpy, then you might want to buy it to ensure you're happy.

• Like 1

Cruiserej-

The only reason we would even consider having an expectation is that on previous cruises they have stocked our cabin with diet Mountain Dew. (I don’t know that anyone “absolutely need[s] … a particular soda“ 🙂

I think he’d get grumpy if there were no sources of caffeine on board so, I would imagine, would many of the passengers. Me, I bring my crystal light peach  iced tea mix… a lot less bulky than carbonated beverages 🙂

Just for the record, we put it in our cabin preferences section 8 months ago.  If he had to drink diet Coke with the occasional DMD ashore, he’ll survive. Now, if they stop serving caviar 🙂 … 

Dumb question here from a nooby sailing in mid-April: how does one go about putting in cabin preferences? Is there a specific place on Seabourn’s website I should find where to do so?

• Like 1

Not a dumb question at all.

Seabourn is an extraordinary cruise line with an infuriating website. Multiple cruises, and I stood frequently have trouble navigating the site.

You can usually get there by logging in, going to my bookings, and then click on preferences from the tab of above. Somehow, however, the things 1 used to be able to request (beds together or apart, beverage choice in the minibar) have disappeared. If you call them, they certainly will take your preferences and might even help you figure out where on the website to find them. Ours are already stored in our passenger but essentially invisible to us.

Don’t let the website bring you down. The onboard experience is simply superb. Order blini, caviar, and your favorite accompany at one of the lounges the first night and the second night they’ll ask if you just want the usual. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Pallen1 said:

Dumb question here from a nooby sailing in mid-April: how does one go about putting in cabin preferences? Is there a specific place on Seabourn’s website I should find where to do so?

If Seabourn’s website actually worked you could access Suite Preferences from the Guest Registration page for your cruise using the “Prefs” tab. Unfortunately, once on the Prefs page (titled Benefits & Preferences) you have to go through a login which has not worked for me since last fall.

image.thumb.png.bf01a72ff27889e6c05d2514090f3ab1.png

• Like 3

I just called Seabourn.  As reported by others, my past preference were already saved.  If you're new to Seabourn, just give them a call.  Call was answered promptly and lasted less than 5 min.

• Like 1

I guess it wasn’t such a dumb question after all. Seems kind of amateur from an self-described upscale business. I’ll call them closer to our April sailing. Thanks for the replies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 4:27 PM, SLSD said:

It doesn't matter the size of the bottles as you can get another if you need it.  

I have had bottles in my room for 3 cruises.     They have all been regular size, not sure of the size but not mini.

Just an update. We requested bottles of Tanqueray rang for gin and Belvedere vodka, as well as diet Mountain Dew. We scored 0 of 3.  We ended up with a bottle of Belvidere, a bottle of Tanqueray 10 and diet Coke.

Not up to the standards of six years ago, but we will survive :-)

On 2/11/2024 at 5:40 PM, cruising46 said:

I have had bottles in my room for 3 cruises.     They have all been regular size, not sure of the size but not mini.

My in-suite vodka bottles have always been 1.0 Liters, which is a size I don't usually see at local stores, which usually sell 0.75L or 1.75L bottles.  In general, standard spirit bottles are 0.75L, so the size I usually receive on SB is 1/3 larger than that. 

I bought on Amazon a package of 3 seal-type bags and take home the opened bottle if there's enough to matter (only spirits, not wine).  My only mistake was trying to fit a Grand Marnier bottle in the bag: too squatty, bags only hold standard-size bottles including 1L. Just remember to put it in your checked luggage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked 28 days with Seabourn and I am looking to answer a simple question.  I know you guys will be able help.

We were recently on a Silversea cruise, which was not as good as we had expected, but one thing we loved was that the wine we had requested for the suite fridge was promptly replaced as we drank it (and we had asked for champagne!).

I have a feeling that, although Seabourn will provide an initial stock, but once it is gone, it is gone.  To be clear I am referring to wine, not spirits, beers or sodas.