Back2Back

Gregrat

Our Alaska cruise in August of next year will be our first Back2Back.

What will the “turnover day” be like for us?

Will anything be required of us or do we treat it like any other day of the cruise.

Greg

Since we are starting in Vancouver, we have to get off the ship as  we may have to go through customs before entering Alaska  they have to be sure the ship has disembarked all passengers , but then you are allowed to board a little while later after custome if required .  I am going to be on Serenity from August 13-27. 2024 Are you on either of the segments that I will be on? I would like to meet other people before hand if possible. I wish they would start to have meet n greets again! 🙂 Are you in the same s5tateroom both segments? If not you can get someone  to move your things to the new one/Fortunately I have the same  stateroom for both segments

Edited by wearesiamese

16 minutes ago, Gregrat said:

Our Alaska cruise in August of next year will be our first Back2Back.

What will the “turnover day” be like for us?

Will anything be required of us or do we treat it like any other day of the cruise.

Greg

Need to know which cruises you are on.

1 hour ago, Gregrat said:

Vancouver round trip then Vancouver to LA.

I just took a look and you are in Victoria from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM the day before. You certainly won't be touring, which leads me to believe it is an admnistrative stop to clear Canada Immigration for sure, and possibly Customs. The wild card in this is the second leg being a repositioning cruise to LA. Normally for Alaska you pre-clear US Immigration/Customs when you board in Vancouver, but since you are proceeding to the Lower 48, that may not happen. You might have your TA check on this for you, but my guess is you will be able to leave the ship in Vancouver, but you may have to clear USCBP to get back on the ship, and once on, you won't be allowed back off. Again, just a guess.

My experience is what Larry said.

We could get off multiple times but the pain was we had to keep clearing USA customs.  I believe we had to keep carrying our passports because of that.

So I remember going off once in Vancouver coming back and not doing it again as I knew it would be busier in the afternoon with new guests arriving.

Keith