New Grounds Coffee Package

Munday

Before it was eliminated, I bought the New Grounds Coffee Package for my DW back on Feb 1/23 for our Caribbean Princess cruise in October. It is still showing in my Cruise Personalizer under Reservations and Purchases. Does anyone have any recent real world experience with this? Is it still being honoured on board or should I just cancel it, take the refund and have my DW buy coffee A la carte?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited by Munday

38 minutes ago, Munday said:

Before it was eliminated, I bought the New Grounds Coffee Package for my DW back on Feb 1/23 for our Caribbean Princess cruise in October. It is still showing in my Cruise Personalizer under Reservations and Purchases. Does anyone have any recent real world experience with this? Is it still being honoured on board or should I just cancel it, take the refund and have my DW buy coffee A la carte?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cancel it and get the refund. All they will do is give you obc.

I did the same thing - bought the New Grounds Coffee package in Dec 2022 for our cruise 26 Sept 2023.  There have been a couple of postings since Dec that said their coffee package was honored for the 15 specialty coffees.  I didn't cancel my coffee package and will wait and see what happens once we are on board.  If we get OBC, DH will just have prepaid for several drinks and still be happy.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I did the same thing - bought the New Grounds Coffee package in Dec 2022 for our cruise 26 Sept 2023.  There have been a couple of postings since Dec that said their coffee package was honored for the 15 specialty coffees.  I didn't cancel my coffee package and will wait and see what happens once we are on board.  If we get OBC, DH will just have prepaid for several drinks and still be happy.. 

We’re in the same boat, so to speak. 😂

We’ll just hold onto ours too.  See what happens.  Since then, the last 3 cruises have all been different…..

we’ve gotten obc, extra obc and once honored for the 15 coffees.  Doubt we’ll get the 15 coffees honored though, as they probably updated their system OB since the last 3 mos?  😩 Who knows?  

Keep me posted with your Sep. cruise.  

I decided to just cancel the package. FYI, the “Cancel” button on the Cruise Personalizer wouldn’t do anything for me, either on iOS or Windows. I had to chat with a Princess Rep and have him/her do it for me. I thought this was a humorous part of the chat though:

2023-09-02T06:18:08-07:00, agent: Let me ask, May I know the reason why you want to cancel your coffee package?
2023-09-02T06:
18:49-07:00, Munday: The coffee package isn’t available anymore and isn't honoured on board
2023-09-02T06:20:18-07:00, agent: I see. How did you find out about it?
2023-09-02T06:20:33-07:00, Munday: Read it on many forums

2023-09-02T06:21:45-07:00, agent: Alright. Let me cancel it now. Please allow me one moment.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Munday said:

I decided to just cancel the package. FYI, the “Cancel” button on the Cruise Personalizer wouldn’t do anything for me, either on iOS or Windows. I had to chat with a Princess Rep and have him/her do it for me. I thought this was a humorous part of the chat though:

2023-09-02T06:18:08-07:00, agent: Let me ask, May I know the reason why you want to cancel your coffee package?
2023-09-02T06:
18:49-07:00, Munday: The coffee package isn’t available anymore and isn't honoured on board
2023-09-02T06:20:18-07:00, agent: I see. How did you find out about it?
2023-09-02T06:20:33-07:00, Munday: Read it on many forums

2023-09-02T06:21:45-07:00, agent: Alright. Let me cancel it now. Please allow me one moment.

I would have asked her why she was asking me and was it a "state secret" that it was discontinued.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Gee, it seems like it was discontinued well before that date.  Losing track of time here.

It was mentioned I believe in Dec 2022 when they talked about the Plus going from $50 to $60 sometime in early Feb.  

• Like 1