Blue tooth Spotify streaming in cabin?

Thetideishigh2021

I was recently on the Noordam and was trying to play Spotify music on my iPhone to a small speaker.  I could blue tooth the speaker to my phone, ( btw I had purchased the surf wifi package) but couldn’t get any Spotify songs to stream.   I could play songs that I had previously purchased via iTunes so I don’t think it was a speaker problem.

Any ideas?

thanks

12 hours ago, Mary229 said:

…iTunes downloads your songs and they are available without internet. I don’t know about Spotify but I know I need internet for I heart. 

@Thetideishigh2021

We have the same issue with Amazon Music, etc., when we’re in the mountains and lose a signal. As the post above indicates, along with your own experience, if you have music already downloaded and aren’t reliant on streaming, then it makes for easier playback.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mary229 said:

As @richwmn said you need a different package.  iTunes downloads your songs and they are available without internet. I don’t know about Spotify but I know I need internet for I heart. 

If you pay the monthly premium for Spotify, you can download playlists to your phone. My main playlist of about 250 songs is download so I always have access to it and can play songs offline. This is the main reason I pay for Spotify, listening to music while on public transportation can be spotty at times if streaming. (No pun intended)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've never considered downloading music to listen to on a cruise - I now have a lot of work to do before Sept 15 and my deck time just got exponentially better!!

I know that you will remember the golden rule - speaker in stateroom/earbuds on deck (or verandah)! 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I know that you will remember the golden rule - speaker in stateroom/earbuds on deck (or verandah)! 😉

Absolutely  - wouldn't even consider providing music for those around me. 😊Just as I wouldn't put a call on speaker for everyone to listen to.🙄

Now, if those around me will kindly reciprocate. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've never considered downloading music to listen to on a cruise - I now have a lot of work to do before Sept 15 and my deck time just got exponentially better!!

I download my own workout music as I can’t stand that loud stuff in the gym and I also download high quality classical music.  Most everything else I can find on the tv. 

• Like 1