Birth Certificate Line Question

ChrisCJR

One member of our party (a minor) is not likely to have their passport in time for our upcoming cruise.  The rest of us have passports. 

I know this might seem like a silly question, but if we go with them through the birth certificate line, since we won't send them through alone, can we still show our passports? 

I just want to make sure our whole party does not need to bring our birth certificates too.  I mean we have them, because you need them to get a passport, but it seems like we wouldn't need them since we'll have the better of the two documents.

We're still hoping that we'll receive their passport before the cruise, of course, but that's out of our hands at this point.  The processing times aren't great right now, apparently, and it is expedited.  

Thank you for any help with this question! 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisCJR said:

One member of our party (a minor) is not likely to have their passport in time for our upcoming cruise.  The rest of us have passports. 

I know this might seem like a silly question, but if we go with them through the birth certificate line, since we won't send them through alone, can we still show our passports? 

I just want to make sure our whole party does not need to bring our birth certificates too.  I mean we have them, because you need them to get a passport, but it seems like we wouldn't need them since we'll have the better of the two documents.

We're still hoping that we'll receive their passport before the cruise, of course, but that's out of our hands at this point.  The processing times aren't great right now, apparently, and it is expedited.  

Thank you for any help with this question! 🙂

We just did this getting off Navigator.  We had our Grand kids and the younger two didn't have passports. Ourselves and the oldest GK did.  No problem mixing and matching BC and passports.

• Like 1