Newbie check in query

Bee223

I am probably being very dim but I have completed all the fields I can for my princess cruise in 3 weeks and it says I need a QR code at embarkation which is in the app and this will come after i fill in a medical form. I can't find either of these or any info about getting them can you help?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bee223 said:

I am probably being very dim but I have completed all the fields I can for my princess cruise in 3 weeks and it says I need a QR code at embarkation which is in the app and this will come after i fill in a medical form. I can't find either of these or any info about getting them can you help?

Welcome to CC and Princess.

Do you have all green checks?  Have you ordered your wearable ocean medallion, to be shipped or pickup at port?

If so, sounds like you are checked in.

So, you won’t see the QR code until closer to sailing. Plus not really asking to see it anyway.

You will either be green lane (if you have your medallion in hand)

or blue lane if you have to pick it up at the port.

The health questionnaire is supposed to show on the App 24 hours before sailing.  IF you do see it, fill it out.  I’ve only seen it on cruises that required covid tests and that was last November.  I have not seen it this year, except from Australia/NZ.

You don’t say where you’re sailing from or to.  

Just print your travel summary from the website, your luggage tags and bring all documents required, like your passports, etc.

17 minutes ago, Bee223 said:

Where are you seeing these instructions?  Do you have the latest App version?

The BP page and QR code only shows up about 11 days prior to the sail date.  It isn't particularly important.  No more medical form AFAIK.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Where are you seeing these instructions?  Do you have the latest App version?

The BP page and QR code only shows up about 11 days prior to the sail date.  It isn't particularly important.  No more medical form AFAIK.

They have updated the website in a lot of areas to reflect the Green Lane/Blue Lane/Gray Lane, which

surprises me.

But, there is one area, which Is probably where the OP, found these odd instructions.  Go figure.

I found it under FAQ pre cruise instructions:

image.thumb.png.e23b410e585b7b117953a5bcaef35d18.png

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

They have updated the website in a lot of areas to reflect the Green Lane/Blue Lane/Gray Lane, which

surprises me.

But, there is one area, which Is probably where the OP, found these odd instructions.  Go figure.

I found it under FAQ pre cruise instructions:

image.thumb.png.e23b410e585b7b117953a5bcaef35d18.png

Print the QR code, really?  Maybe screen shot, but not necessary.

Once you complete your

health questionnaire?  No, does not come up or show on the App, unless required.  I’ve only seen that out of Australia/NZ this year.

These instructions are way off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

What Princess says on their website and what actually occurs at the cruise terminal on embarkation day are often light years apart.

Yes, it is hard for a newbie, especially to figure out what to do.

Just need to filter through the website and update these areas.

Always makes me think, one day some of these requirements will come to pass. 😳

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

You are not dim, but new.

As of three weeks ago (and our cruise before that one) no one checked for a QR code. Others have commented on this in threads. 

Also three weeks ago, there was no health questionaire to be done. This stopped recently, at least at US ports.

You don't mention if you are embarking from a non US/Canada port, or if you reside outside the US. This would mean you would pick up your Medallion at the terminal. For whatever reason, if you need to pick up you Medallion at the terminal, you will not receive a QR code or be, "green," and will go to the desk anyway. We were "blue" because we didn't pay to have the Medallion mailed. No sweat.

You can check for health requirements for your specific cruise here:

https://www.princess.com/protocol/?fbclid=IwAR15FapmH1Hl74xuV39doqpqNUqsloaI7MtgyycJLQ2HddCercgIV2cuT_M

Print and bring your Cruise Summary and luggage tags from the website. Bring passports too. Best to have paperwork with you. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1