Whats included in the Premium Plus beverage package for Haven users?

justacruiser1

23 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

are you guys absolutely sure that for the premium plus is free for the drinks listed? The The Macallan “Enigma” Single Malt
Scotch Whiskey  is a $700 for a 700ml bottle. I think the premium plus has a $15 limit as well, correct if I'm wrong please. I don't want to get a large bill at the end

Thanks

You are 100% wrong.  There is no limit if you have the Premium Plus.  If its listed on the flyer, its included in the Premium Plus.  The Enigma is going to be hard to find.  It might not be on your ship.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

You are 100% wrong.  There is no limit if you have the Premium Plus.  If its listed on the flyer, its included in the Premium Plus.  The Enigma is going to be hard to find.  It might not be on your ship.  

no your wrong. I'm trying to indicate that there is many top shelf whiskey on the Plus flyer. Its not possible its free. A few shots a day will cause them to loose money.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

no your wrong. I'm trying to indicate that there is many top shelf whiskey on the Plus flyer. Its not possible its free. A few shots a day will cause them to loose money.

None of the liquors are 'free'.  Some are 'included' in certain packages but when you buy the package, you have paid for the liquors 'included' in the packages.  I'm fairly confident that NCL knows more about how to price a package than you do.  They will not lose money.  One way they can avoid that is limiting  the number of bottles of the very premium liquors on a ship. If it's not on board, they cannot lose money on it.

One thing to remember is there are 44 ml in a shot. If a bottle contains 750 ml (not the 700 you quote) that means there are 17 shots in a bottle.  That's 17 drinks.  Now, divide the cost of bottle (whole sale - not the price  you see in a liquor store) by the number of drinks. If the bottle is $340, that is a cost of $20 per drink.  A $340 bottle whole sale is probably on the order of $650+ retail.   Now, the $15 per drink is for the premium package.  You pay $138 PP PD for the premium plus package.  

• Like 3

I don't think you understand how liquor prices work.  The markup on liquor at a bar is 300%-500%.  NCL is buying in much larger quantities so their prices are going to be lower than what the bar pays.  That shot of Enigma that they are selling for $50 cost them $10.  

By your logic, NCL is losing money on anyone getting a free drink under $15 on the unlimited package since they didn't pay anything except tips.  They are not.  Its built in as a cost of doing business.  

But go ahead.  Don't believe me. If its on the flyer, don't order it because its going to cost you extra.  Stick with drinks under $15 and the plastic bottle liquors.  

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 2

Don't know why I am continuing to help you but I guess I am gluten for punishment.  Below are the whiskey prices at the whiskey bar on the Prima.  See the really expensive ones with the star next to it?  These are the only ones not included in the Premium Plus package.  With the Premium Plus, you do get 40% off the price of those.  

Norwegian Prima Whiskey Bar menu page 5

Norwegian Prima Whiskey Bar menu page 1Norwegian Prima Whiskey Bar menu page 2

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Don't know why I am continuing to help you but I guess I am gluten for punishment.  Below are the whiskey prices at the whiskey bar on the Prima.  See the really expensive ones with the star next to it?  These are the only ones not included in the Premium Plus package.  With the Premium Plus, you do get 40% off the price of those.  

Norwegian Prima Whiskey Bar menu page 1Norwegian Prima Whiskey Bar menu page 2

Case in point: The old Rip Van Winkle is $425 per shot. A bottle retails for $995.  17 shots in a bottle.  That's about $60 per shot.  Now tell me  how NCL is losing money selling liquor for $425 that costs them $60.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

*glutton

20 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Case in point: The old Rip Van Winkle is $425 per shot. A bottle retails for $995.  17 shots in a bottle.  That's about $60 per shot.  Now tell me  how NCL is losing money selling liquor for $425 that costs them $60.

Correction: I didn't account for the 40% discount with the premium plus, that lowers the cost per shot to $255 but their cost is still $60 so that's a 425% profit even assuming they're paying retail for the bottle.

3 hours ago, justacruiser1 said:

are you guys absolutely sure that for the premium plus is free for the drinks listed? The The Macallan “Enigma” Single Malt
Scotch Whiskey  is a $700 for a 700ml bottle.

Yes! Last year when on the Bliss we were enjoying the premium plus package and pretty often I enjoyed myself the Macallan Enigma. One server was so nice to even have a bottle arranged at another bar on the ship for us. 

7 hours ago, Ktuluorion said:

not sure if they still have it but only haven used to have johnny blue and it was covered under p+

On the Joy a few weeks ago, JW blue ($60/glass) was part of the p+, enjoyed that plus a number of the Macallens  (Quest, Enigma, can’t remember the 3rd) included.  I think one guy finished off at least 3 bottle himself over the course of the week.  It was well worth the upgrade in the haven. Was it a breakeven or did I come out ahead? I didn’t really care as it’s vacation, already paid thousands for the room. Having p+ just let me order anything I wanted without worrying about a bill at the end. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

I called and they said that premium plus gets a 40% discount over anything $15. Guess i'll just end that here

That is correct for any bottles of alcohol, but it's not the case for shots of premium plus liquors. As @Liljo22 stated above, any of the whiskeys listed, if that's what you're interested in, with exception of the ones with an asterisk, will be included in the premium PLUS package. My DH and I always upgrade to Premium Plus, mostly for better wine, but we also upgrade our margaritas to Patron, which is $25 a shot. No extra charge for us. Starbucks is also included in the Plus package, as well as Aqua Panna and San Pelegrino in the restaurants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pkay1 said:

That is correct for any bottles of alcohol, but it's not the case for shots of premium plus liquors. As @Liljo22 stated above, any of the whiskeys listed, if that's what you're interested in, with exception of the ones with an asterisk, will be included in the premium PLUS package. My DH and I always upgrade to Premium Plus, mostly for better wine, but we also upgrade our margaritas to Patron, which is $25 a shot. No extra charge for us. Starbucks is also included in the Plus package, as well as Aqua Panna and San Pelegrino in the restaurants. 

no i asked about whiskeys too

• Haha 2

I would imagine the prices people may see these spirits cost are actually a lot more than reality.

Someone mentioned the Macallam Enigma as $700 a bottle.  I can order it in the U.K. for £220, which is about $280, and that’s with some hefty taxes here in the U.K.  wouldn’t surprise me if they are able to get it without tax for $200 or less.

10 hours ago, justacruiser1 said:

I called and they said that premium plus gets a 40% discount over anything $15. Guess i'll just end that here

Sweet cruiser in the sky, are you just here to ignore everyone that has had Premium Plus and obviously knows a great deal more about the program than you? Your question has been correctly answered repeatedly, yet you deny the answer. It's apparent you either, don't want to get the correct answer, have your opinion already made up, or are just trolling the boards to make people upset. 

Here are the terms and conditions. Read them and if you don't understand them...well, at this point, it's on you. I don't think you'll find many people here willing to help after you've essentially accused those of providing correct answers to be wrong. 

image.png.e387443e6862a46b2fa022999d5fd315.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

10 hours ago, justacruiser1 said:

You asked one of the least reliable sources of NCL information and they lived up to their reputation.

My current bar bill (zero) is a more reliable source than whoever told you that.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Sweet cruiser in the sky, are you just here to ignore everyone that has had Premium Plus and obviously knows a great deal more about the program than you? Your question has been correctly answered repeatedly, yet you deny the answer. It's apparent you either, don't want to get the correct answer, have your opinion already made up, or are just trolling the boards to make people upset. 

Here are the terms and conditions. Read them and if you don't understand them...well, at this point, it's on you. I don't think you'll find many people here willing to help after you've essentially accused those of providing correct answers to be wrong. 

image.png.e387443e6862a46b2fa022999d5fd315.png

Source: https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

You might be right about the trolling. Just joined CC yesterday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, justacruiser1 said:

There is your answer.  At only a 40% discount, its really not worth it for the Premium Plus then.  You will be paying a ton for the high end whiskeys even if you do.  I would just stick to the basic unlimited package and drink 1792 Small Batch or pay the extra $1.20 for Bulleit.  Have a fun time on your cruise.  

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’m going with that. 👆👆

trollinggiphy.gif

I can't really tell since he is a new member and only has posted in this thread.  Don't know why you would come and ask questions and then tell people that answer the question that they are wrong.  

Edited by Liljo22

27 minutes ago, TEXASMIMI said:

I will be in a owners suite on the Prima,  My question is if I don’t upgrade will I be able to have a vanilla latte coffee (Starbucks) delivered by the butler at no charge?

No.  Starbucks is not included.  

40 minutes ago, TEXASMIMI said:

I will be in a owners suite on the Prima,  My question is if I don’t upgrade will I be able to have a vanilla latte coffee (Starbucks) delivered by the butler at no charge?

13 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

No.  Starbucks is not included.  

I'll add, even if you do upgrade to Premium Plus, you'll still be charged if you ask the butler to deliver. It has been said some butlers will provide this service, if you tip well...so I suppose there is a possibility, but you're paying one way or another. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rattla said:

I would imagine the prices people may see these spirits cost are actually a lot more than reality.

Someone mentioned the Macallam Enigma as $700 a bottle.  I can order it in the U.K. for £220, which is about $280, and that’s with some hefty taxes here in the U.K.  wouldn’t surprise me if they are able to get it without tax for $200 or less.

It's about $350 here.  

Scotch tends to be more in the US than the UK as the shipping costs are significantly higher as well as import duties.

• Like 2