Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to LaGuardia

BWV

We are taking the Queen Mary II from Hamburg to New York next May. We have only one previous crossing from Southampton to New York (7 years ago), and we took the Cunard bus from the cruise terminal to LaGuardia. My husband has mobility issues, and the bus is not ideal for us. To anyone who has travelled from the terminal to LaGuardia - is it better to arrange a car or find a taxi at the terminal?  Thank you!

It’s easy to find a cab outside of the Brooklyn Cruise terminal or you can spend a tad more and order an Uber XL for your baggage and extra leg room to suit your husband. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, edspec said:

Where do you find transfer information?  I checked under excursions and I don't see it.  TIA.

Cunard does not provide car service info to airports once off the ship. My wife asked in Grills Concierge and they don’t service that.  We were looking for a car to drive us home about 60 miles from NYC. 

Maybe if you use Cunard Air they can package something together. 

Just a suggestion;

There will be a "zillion" taxis waiting when you arrive in port in NYC -- no problem. The meter fare should be about $40 plus tip. Travel time usually 30 - 40 minutes

One caveat -- agree before getting in the taxi that they will take you "on the meter" and not just a flat fare (which usually ends up being $75 or whatever they think they can get)

• Like 3

On 9/7/2023 at 6:50 PM, edspec said:

Thank-you so much!

Since both have been mentioned, I'll add that the $60 transfer is on a bus, not a car service. In case it matters. A taxi will be on the order of $50-60 for the two of you.

You can get a quote for a car service at dial7 dot com.

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

In December Cunard was offering private car transfers, has something changed?    We ordered our own car and he was instructed that he could not pick us up where the Cunard private transfers were parked.

Is the private car $60 per person? I've only seen the large buses (with luggage underneath).

I have lost track of which port we’re talking about, but in NY Brooklyn $60.00 is for the bus. A private car booked through Cunard is around $160.00 to JFK. We had to wait for our car in July, and we were told there is a new provider who isn’t as timely in arrival times.