LIVE Insignia NY to Bermuda 9/6-9/13

rxlowry

Last night’s menus.  The beef bourguignon was the winner.   
Opted for a sharing table since it was a 20-30 min wait but had a wonderful couple.  They even joined us for a nightcap after I convinced a fellow bourbon lover to try Macallan Quest. 

IMG_4840.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4847.jpeg

IMG_4848.jpeg

4 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Last night’s menus.  The beef bourguignon was the winner.   
Opted for a sharing table since it was a 20-30 min wait but had a wonderful couple.  They even joined us for a nightcap after I convinced a fellow bourbon lover to try Macallan Quest. 

IMG_4840.jpeg

IMG_4841.jpeg

The wait for a two top was a 20-30 minute wait? What timeframe  was that?  I am curious as to whether that is a common encounter. 
Dinner looks  delicious. Glad that you enjoyed. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Still didn’t get a passenger count but I’ll try to remember.  Had a nice walk to the beach this morning.  Did a little shopping on the way back.  Had a great lunch at Waves Grill.  The Bangkok power bowl was great.  Had the surf and turf that while well done(instead of medium rare) still tender

tried and failed to get a lounger in the shade.  It’s very hot and I don’t want more sun after the walk.  Lots of stuff on chairs with maybe six people enjoying the water.  This for sure is the difference between premium and luxury lines.  I could move it but I would not want the confrontation.  Didn’t expect it to be this crowded on a port day.  

IMG_4832.jpeg

What a beautiful place to be in our world! 
It seems as if on each day of your trip, finding a place where chair hogs are not blocking you from being able to relax while they are not occupying the chairs does not occur.   I completely understand that ‘policing’ this should not be anyone’s responsibility. It should not be an issue. But it is tacky. It is incredibly selfish. I don’t get that part. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

The wait for a two top was a 20-30 minute wait? What timeframe  was that?  I am curious as to whether that is a common encounter. 

Our experience on Regatta last March: The GDR opened at 6:30 pm.  If you queued up at 6:15, you would reliably be seated at a window 2-top by 6:35.  If you queued up at 6:25, you should figure on sharing or waiting until the first-seated folks finished desert.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Our experience on Regatta last March: The GDR opened at 6:30 pm.  If you queued up at 6:15, you would reliably be seated at a window 2-top by 6:35.  If you queued up at 6:25, you should figure on sharing or waiting until the first-seated folks finished desert.

Good to know!  Thank you

Up at zero dark thirty to watch us leave for Hamilton.  Maybe we should’ve checked when sunrise is.  Crashed early though last night.  In bed at ten so no deck party.  (Very different than my last cruise with my 20 year old) 

Dinner was a shared table at Toscana. Once again a lovely couple on their first Oceania cruise. The service was much better than Polo grill.  We were also quite pleased with the meal as we had low expectations since our area has many great Italian restaurants.  
We both had the beef carpaccio which I added a touch of balsamic which made it perfect. The Caesar salad and caprese salad were nice, my husband thought his was different since tomatoes were roasted.  We both had lobster fra diablo. Very nice pasta and lobster with sauce. Desserts were a hit. Roasted peaches for him with delicious cream sauce and I had the apricot tart that was served warm.  Paired with a wonderful dessert wine. 

IMG_4893.jpeg

IMG_4894.jpeg

IMG_4895.jpeg

IMG_4898.jpeg

IMG_4899.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Here’s a view of the darkness along with today’s activities.  Since only three people are awake, we will attempt to upload the blog now.  Let’s see how that goes. 
Today’s plan is to walk around Hamilton.  It’s been years since I’ve visited since i did not usually venture far from the Dockyard on my last cruises. 
Tonight is dinner with our trivia team.  Followed by a cognac tasting. 

IMG_4902.jpeg

IMG_4900.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Success on posting first day’s blog using a hot spot while docked in Hamilton.  Might go for day two since it was quick. Totally didn’t realize we’d be in Hamilton on a Sunday so many stores are closed.  I did see some listed as opening at noon so we might venture out closer to that time.  

46 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

Passenger count is 642 just asked at reception. 

Thank you.  So pretty much full capacity. Does the ship feel crowded?  Our first O cruise was on Marina with 332 guests.  Feb 2022.  It was amazing.  

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

Thank you.  So pretty much full capacity. Does the ship feel crowded?  Our first O cruise was on Marina with 332 guests.  Feb 2022.  It was amazing.  

It feels crowded.  No seats in martinis last night.  Pool chairs all taken but sometimes just stuff.  Hard to get table at Grill at lunch. 

Last night was the first miss at dinner for me.  The tuna tartare was great and the Mykonos salad with vegan cheese was fresh.  The chicken fafa was very uninspired. I got one bite that had tons of raw ginger.  It was a huge portion of bland chicken with three leaves of spinach with a small side of plain rice.  Definitely my least favorite entree so far.  

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

3 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Last night was the first miss at dinner for me.  The tuna tartare was great and the Mykonos salad with vegan cheese was fresh.  The chicken fafa was very uninspired. I got one bite that had tons of raw ginger.  It was a huge portion of bland chicken with three leaves of spinach with a small side of plain rice.  Definitely my least favorite entree so far.  

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

If something is not to your liking you don’t have to eat it. Just ask for anything else and they will bring it to you right away.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rxlowry said:

IMG_4948.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

Yeah that chicken does not look that great to me. Looks like something I put in the slow cooker on busy school nights. Lol.  All your other food pics have me very excited though! 

Edited by BrakeawayTakeaway

18 hours ago, osandomir said:

If something is not to your liking you don’t have to eat it. Just ask for anything else and they will bring it to you right away.

I know but at a large table I would not want to hold everyone up.  Plus I was not going hungry for sure. 

• Like 1

A fun dinner last night as we dined with the comedian.  She is a delight.  Desserts have been truly outstanding until last night’s molten chocolate cake…the driest, hardest cake ever.  Definitely over cooked!  Chris had delicious key lime pie though.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Thanks to everyone who posted menus, weather reports, chair hog gripes, and hits on your cruise! Hope disembarking is a breeze for you, and try not to be too jealous that you didn't get to Nassau...NOT!

You are very welcome!  I enjoy reading other reports so I try to pay it forward.  I’ll post more of the blog today.  I get way more detailed there

hopefully you have wonderful weather and are safe.  I’d hate to only have access to inside areas on a sold out trip. 

• Like 1