Train from Rome to Venice

flukemaster

11 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

@cruisemom42 Is it just as easy to take a train from Rome to Florence? We may add an extra day and do Florence but we're working on logistics.  Plan to fly in Wed morning and cruise leaves Fri but we can move it up to enjoy Florence for a day.

Yes, it’s very easy and nearer than Venice. As a first train trip in Italy it doesn’t get much easier especially as the train station in Florence is so central and there are a number of hotels in walking distance if you want to stay overnight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We're cruising out on Rome/Citavecchia in August 2024. We're flying in to Venice pre-cruise for a couple of days. We were hoping to take the train from Venice to Rome on a Friday afternoon but I'm not seeing any direct trains. I realize the August schedules aren't out yet but any help would be appreciated!

Diana

You are much, much too early to look at trains in August 2024.  Just look at a similar day of the week in the next week or two to see the schedule, it may change a little bit but it never changes dramatically.

Note that you'll have to go through Rome and change trains there, no matter what you do.  I would look for connections that include a seat assigned (IC or Frecce) train for the Rome to Civitavecchia segment both for comfort and to avoid the three block walk with luggage from the main track head at Rome Termini to the Lazio auxiliary tracks, where the regional trains to Civitavecchia leave from.