Seattle Pier 91 transportation to Amtrak King Street Station

BuddyBee

Hello All, I need to plan transportation from Seattle's Pier 91 to the Amtrak King Street Station post cruise to travel to Portland, OR.  I haven't been able to find any info regarding this, so I'm guessing my options are taxi, Lyft, or Uber.  My concern is, if I remember correctly, these cannot pick you up near the port building, but that we would have to walk to their designated area by the gate.  That would be an issue for my husband and myself.  Is there any way we can be picked up near the building like the shuttles do?  Or are there other options?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

We took a taxi from the pier to Kings Station this past July  We didn't have to walk too far--exited the port building, walked across the street to the taxi line.  It was very close.

Oh, so they can come in to where the shuttles do?  Great!  And we don't have to make a reservation?  We just walk out and get in a line for taxi rides? Sorry if I sound uneducated about this but we live out in the country, no taxis or busses.

7 minutes ago, BuddyBee said:

Oh, so they can come in to where the shuttles do?  Great!  And we don't have to make a reservation?  We just walk out and get in a line for taxi rides? Sorry if I sound uneducated about this but we live out in the country, no taxis or busses.

That's all we did--we were going to get an Uber but there was only one person ahead of us in the taxi line.  No reservations. Driver loaded up the luggage and we got to the station in about 20 minutes.

We got off the ship early (self-embark)--I was worried about the crowds since there were two ships in port that day.  I think we missed the crowds..

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

That's all we did--we were going to get an Uber but there was only one person ahead of us in the taxi line.  No reservations. Driver loaded up the luggage and we got to the station in about 20 minutes.

We got off the ship early (self-embark)--I was worried about the crowds since there were two ships in port that day.  I think we missed the crowds..

Thank you so much for your help!

57 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Taxis are allowed in the "U" shaped drive near the Terminal building.  If you want an Uber or Lyft you either walk (about 10 minutes), or wait for a ride in a shuttle bus.  Often times it is faster to walk.

PXL_20230718_154207023 (1).jpg

Thank you for the info!

Not everyone's cup of tea, but we are bargain travelers and are able to haul our bags around a bit, so we take the city bus.  You have to walk a couple hundred yards from the pier up to the magnolia street bridge and take the #33 bus (or there is one other but I forget the number).  The bus stops about 2 blocks from the Amtrak station.  $2 per person (maybe less for seniors).

37 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Not everyone's cup of tea, but we are bargain travelers and are able to haul our bags around a bit, so we take the city bus.  You have to walk a couple hundred yards from the pier up to the magnolia street bridge and take the #33 bus (or there is one other but I forget the number).  The bus stops about 2 blocks from the Amtrak station.  $2 per person (maybe less for seniors).

Thanks, I appreciate the info. The luggage is a problem this time since we're going from the cruise to our daughter's wedding and have extra bags.