On the Horizon now .. here’s Platinium gifts …

Markmom18

49 minutes ago, CruzDayz said:

Good for you, this was a first for me to pick my gift up at the photo shop. Sometimes you are moved by The Big Guy to make someone happy right in front of you and  sometimes it works out. This little girl was so excited and the grandmother was able to take credit for the gift. I still feel that it’s nice that Carnival does this for us. 

When I lost my wife I donated 20 years of gifts that we never used, including the glasses. We had fun bickering to get rid of all of it. I still have the memories of the fun cruises. 😊🛳️ I still have a Carnival blanket and memories of a spot on a hill in Cabo that I will never give up. ❤️

Great post

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, CruzDayz said:

Good for you, this was a first for me to pick my gift up at the photo shop. Sometimes you are moved by The Big Guy to make someone happy right in front of you and  sometimes it works out. This little girl was so excited and the grandmother was able to take credit for the gift. I still feel that it’s nice that Carnival does this for us. 

When I lost my wife I donated 20 years of gifts that we never used, including the glasses. We had fun bickering to get rid of all of it. I still have the memories of the fun cruises. 😊🛳️ I still have a Carnival blanket and memories of a spot on a hill in Cabo that I will never give up. ❤️

With all the bickering of this topic, yours just hit the nail on the head.  Love your attitude, it is part of what makes Carnival the Fun Ships.  Thanks for lightening up our day.  As you already know, memories are the ties that bind, thanks for sharing yours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2023 at 8:31 PM, stobe1 said:

Yep. Unzip it and look on the inside. It says "Very Important Fanny Pack".

LOL!  We received our fanny packs earlier this year - never even noticed that's what it says on the inside. 🤪

On the Dream a few weeks ago they were out of fanny packs, so they gave us luggage tags.  These are different than the many others we have.  They have dolphins on them that jump when you move the tag around - I actually like them and can use them.  Not the greatest gift, but I definitely appreciate them nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

What I cannot understand is why do people complain about a free gift.  

They do not have to give anything.

Be gracious and accept it or give it away without complaining

It's not a free gift.  It's a loyalty perk that has been paid for many times over by cruising a MINIMUM of 75 days on Carnival. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It's not a free gift.  It's a loyalty perk that has been paid for many times over by cruising a MINIMUM of 75 days on Carnival. 

I understand that, as I receive the "loyalty" gift as well.

I have dozens of koozies, pins, fanny packs, luggage tags, blankets, towels, etc and appreciate them all.

If they didnt give the free "loyalty perk"....it would not stop me from cruising on Carnival.