Escape 2 Bedroom Haven or Epic Owners Suite with large Balcony 4 Adults

wolft927

So need some advise. Today is final payment (which we already made) and I am very torn. We currently are booked on the Norwegian Escape 2 bedroom Haven Suite out of Port Canaveral. Today I just noticed that the Epic leaving the same weekend out of Port Canaveral has had price drops in the Haven. I can book the Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with large Balcony for the same price as my Current 2 bedroom on the Escape. 

We are 2 couples traveling together, Wife and I are avid cruisers last 4 in the Haven. Other couple is second cruise and never stayed in the Haven. Itinerary does't matter to us, but losing the second bedroom is a little bit of a big deal possibly. So My question is would you choose the owners suite on the Epic or stick with the 2 bedroom on the Escape.

thanks 

At first I was going to say DOS all the way!!!! Then, I remembered the wind situation on the balcony...I want to use my balcony. The entire balcony. Not just the side balcony. But, gosh a DOS for the same price. That's a tough call! 

At least you know either way you'll have a wonderful Haven cruise! 

Just saw the whole second bedroom thing. I think two bedrooms is better if DOS doesn't have a private sleeping/fun time room for the second couple, especially if y'all are going halvsies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

At first I was going to say DOS all the way!!!! Then, I remembered the wind situation on the balcony...I want to use my balcony. The entire balcony. Not just the side balcony. But, gosh a DOS for the same price. That's a tough call! 

At least you know either way you'll have a wonderful Haven cruise! 

Just saw the whole second bedroom thing. I think two bedrooms is better if DOS doesn't have a private sleeping/fun time room for the second couple, especially if y'all are going halvsies. 

Wife and I paid about 65% of the cruise so we got the master lol. But yea I think the second bedroom is more important. But, the DOS on EPIC is nice. to bad the Escapes DOS isn't available. 

How well do you do you know this couple? It looks as if along with losing the second bedroom, I believe you are also losing the second full bath. Would that lack of a second shower bother you?

Plus, if you are on different schedules having people sleeping in the living area can be awkward.

while the owners suite is probably much more opulent, if youre sharing a cabin with another couple, the 2 bedroom is a no brainer. even if the other couple were my sister and her husband, who wants to share a bathroom with 2 other people.

one of the main features is the 2nd bedroom and bath.  we usually travel witha close friend and always book the2 bedroom suite.

besides which, i believe the escape is a much nicer ship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolft927 said:

So need some advise. Today is final payment (which we already made) and I am very torn. We currently are booked on the Norwegian Escape 2 bedroom Haven Suite out of Port Canaveral. Today I just noticed that the Epic leaving the same weekend out of Port Canaveral has had price drops in the Haven. I can book the Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with large Balcony for the same price as my Current 2 bedroom on the Escape. 

thanks 

Keep the 2bdrm. 

I've booked a DOS before and the balcony looks great but it can have wind issues that prevent it's use.  We booked a DOS and twice the crew came in and lashed the balcony  furniture down to prevent it being blown overboard.  Never again would I bood a DOS.  BTW, the side balcony was just as bad as the forward balcony.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, CTnewcruiser said:

We stayed in the DOS last year and it had a small second room that I believe could also have been a bedroom with a bathroom.  The small bathroom with shower was behind me when I took the picture.

IMG_2491.jpeg

The Deluxe Owners on the Epic does not have a second Bedroom, The escape does. So we decided to Keep the 2 Bedroom on the Escape. The other couple we are going with are very close friends so we are simply gonna switch out the master a few days with them and I am sure we will all use the Master Bath!

• Like 1