Anyone use Seabourn-recommended Verifly for Health Records?

wyattsaunt

Reading the Health Protocols section for our October 8, 2023 sailing on Ovation, Seabourn repeatedly recommends using an app called Verifly to record Covid vaccination records and test results to streamline the embarkation process.  I already have my Covid vaccination record in Apple Wallet. I’d anlso be interested in feedback regarding if Seabourn has been requiring pre-cruise antigen or PCR tests lately?  We are embarking in Lisbon.
Has anyone used Verifly?  Is it really necessary and/or helpful?  I’d rather not have to mess with yet another app unless it really is better than what I already have.  Thanks!

Thanks, everyone, for your help.  I had a feeling this app was overkill, but I wasn’t 100% sure.

Our last cruise was 2 years ago, and there was a surprise Covid test required by Seabourn the day prior to boarding.  (They still tested us again at the port before boarding.). We were in Athens, and had to scramble to find a testing source.

On 9/8/2023 at 7:44 PM, wyattsaunt said:

Reading the Health Protocols section for our October 8, 2023 sailing on Ovation, Seabourn repeatedly recommends using an app called Verifly to record Covid vaccination records and test results to streamline the embarkation process.  I already have my Covid vaccination record in Apple Wallet. I’d anlso be interested in feedback regarding if Seabourn has been requiring pre-cruise antigen or PCR tests lately?  We are embarking in Lisbon.
Has anyone used Verifly?  Is it really necessary and/or helpful?  I’d rather not have to mess with yet another app unless it really is better than what I already have.  Thanks!

That is old now and Seabourn doesn't use it.

You just declare on the guest registration form that you are fit and well to travel and that's it.

I have my vaccinations on a health app on my phone if anyone  was to ever ask for them again but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

I’m hearing more and more about people traveling in Europe and Alaska contracting Covid. I read a post here a while ago about the high cost of getting Paxlovid aboard the ship they were on. I don’t remember the exact cost, but it was exorbitant.  I’ve also heard Paxlovid can be difficult to find while traveling.
My primary care doctor recommended getting the new Covid vaccine (not yet available) and the flu shot before our 10/8 trip.  Normally, she’d recommend waiting until October for the flu shot, but we’ll be traveling until 10/25.  She also recommended the RSV vaccine, which we got last week.  (No side effects, BTW)

I asked her for an RX for Paxlovid, which she gave me, but grudgingly. She had to check to make sure there were no negative interactions with my current medications.  

37 minutes ago, wyattsaunt said:

I’m hearing more and more about people traveling in Europe and Alaska contracting Covid. I read a post here a while ago about the high cost of getting Paxlovid aboard the ship they were on. I don’t remember the exact cost, but it was exorbitant.  I’ve also heard Paxlovid can be difficult to find while traveling.
My primary care doctor recommended getting the new Covid vaccine (not yet available) and the flu shot before our 10/8 trip.  Normally, she’d recommend waiting until October for the flu shot, but we’ll be traveling until 10/25.  She also recommended the RSV vaccine, which we got last week.  (No side effects, BTW)

I asked her for an RX for Paxlovid, which she gave me, but grudgingly. She had to check to make sure there were no negative interactions with my current medications.  

Our doctors gave us prescriptions for Paxlovid before our cruise last June.  Thankfully we did not need them.  They did not give them grudgingly as we had both taken the drug previously when we had Covid, with no ill effects.  Doctors always do check to make sure medications do not interact badly, so that is not unusual.  My husband contracted Covid a couple of weeks ago--not on a cruise--and was able to take the Paxlovid immediately--which substantially cut short his illness.  So--I do recommend asking your doctor for this anti-viral if they deem it safe in your particular situation.  Also, don't forget to put Covid tests into your bag.  We took two each.  

Edited by SLSD