Transfers

OBRN1

• 3 weeks later...

Never cruised out of Rome, but we hired a tour guide/driver to get us to the airport from a cooking school in Tuscany and asked for a tour along the way.  With an 11am flight the tour part wouldn’t work too well.  If you can be self assist - take your luggage off the ship with you - you can get off the ship as soon as they are cleared.  That gets you to the airport quicker too since you don’t have to locate your luggage once you are off board.  In your case, I would probably research taxi or Uber costs to the airport and also your cruise line may offer a shuttle, but you would have to check airport arrival times with that.  

• 4 weeks later...

We have always used the cruise line transfer. It gives us priority disembarkation, staff who know exactly where to take us, and peace of mind that it will be there.

I'm not sure, though, whether an 11am flight qualifies for this. I recall there was a cutoff start time, in order to guarantee that you will make the flight.  Our flights were usually 1pm or so, and one time we arrived at the airport checkin counter before they even opened.  The airport is huge; from arrival to departure lounge could be a couple of hours.

• 1 month later...

Lots of options, check out the Italy board and there’s stickies just for this. I am gleaming for my cruise in 5 days (woohoo) and will take the train from the airport to termini station in Rome, spend the night, take the express train from termini to Civi, take the 6euro shuttle from the train station to the port.

There are transfers, shuttles, taxis, trains etc that are all options and have options from Rome or the airport to get to Civi town or the port specifically. Depending on what method you choose the transfer will be between 1-2 hours.