Caribbean cruise required documents

sucramdi

Hi all, I hope this is right section to post. I'm new to cruising and wanted advice from fellow Canadians. 

I'm going on a Caribbean cruise with Cunard at the end of November with five ports of call and I'm having a hard time confirming that I don't need to prepare any special documents. The cruise calls at Basseterre, St Kitts, Castries, St Lucia, Bridgetown, Barbados, Roseau, Dominica and Road Town, Tortola (British Virgin Islands). 

I looked on the government of Canada website and it says there are no visas required for these countries and my passport is valid for at least 6 months past my return date. Is there anything else I might need or any resources I can use to check? The countries' websites are hit and miss for this type of info. Just trying to avoid the nightmare scenario of being denied boarding... 😁

If you are using this site:  https://travel.gc.ca/

...and looking up each destination, then in my opinion, you are using the right resource.  I looked at each stop and if I were travelling this itinerary, I would come to the conclusion that I did not need anything other than my passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months after returning.

The closest to needing a Visa was Tortola and that is after 30 days of stay.

I personally believe that you are free and clear to go.

The only other thing that I would do is ask your cruise line.  Even though it is YOUR responsibility to get the Visa or any entry requirements, they should know if a Visa or any other documentation is required.

The only thing that I would do as a precaution is to have any Covid vaccination documentation with you in case.  I know, I know, we should be done all this, but I still travel with my Covid documentation.  My preferred cruise line still requires until October that all guests be vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

if you have a Canadian passport   that is all you need

The other  thing to check is if Covid  tests are required  when you are travelling

We have  our Covid Vaccine on our phone incase  this is needed   again

• Like 1

As the other posters have indicated, you have things well in hand. For this cruise, your Canadian passport will suffice.

Cruise line and port requirements aside, I'd ensure that I was up to date with COVID boosters and travel with documentation to prove it.

Enjoy your cruise.

I highly recommend booking with an experienced TA as they will help you determine what documentation you need for your trip. For your Caribbean cruise all you need is your valid Canadian passport and to make sure you meet the entry requirements for whichever country you are departing from. 

1 hour ago, joeyjeremiah said:

For your Caribbean cruise all you need is your valid Canadian passport and to make sure you meet the entry requirements for whichever country you are departing from. 

That's not entirely accurate. Some cruise lines require that your Canadian passport be valid for a period of 6 months beyond the end of the cruise, even if the countries visited don't require it. For example, from the RCI website:

Accepted Identification for International Guests (non-U.S. Citizens)

• For US Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends and the necessary visa for entry into the United States. On Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings European and Chinese guests will require ESTA (Europe) and EVUS (China). ESTAs are mandatory for everyone travelling to the US. You must apply for an ESTA no later than 72 hours before departing for the United States. Real-time approvals are not available and arriving at the airport without a previously approved ESTA will likely result in being denied boarding.
  • For International Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport book valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends and the supporting visa for entry and exit from the country, if applicable.
    • For cruises departing Australia calling into only Australian ports, Australian citizens require either a valid passport or government issued pictured and laminated ID card to be used as identification. Children aged 17 years and under will require a passport or Birth Certificate to travel or government issued photo ID. Children under 16 years of age, who do not have a passport or Photo ID, must have a copy of their birth certificate or their parents Medicare Card.
    • For all other nationalities, a passport (plus visa if needed in Australia) is required.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-travel-documents-i-need-for-boarding-day

42 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Accepted Identification for International Guests (non-U.S. Citizens)

• For US Sailings: Non-US Citizens will require a passport valid at least 6 months after your cruise ends and the necessary visa for entry into the United States. On Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings European and Chinese guests will require ESTA (Europe) and EVUS (China). ESTAs are mandatory for everyone travelling to the US. You must apply for an ESTA no later than 72 hours before departing for the United States. Real-time approvals are not available and arriving at the airport without a previously approved ESTA will likely result in being denied boarding.

Why would Canadians  require an ESTA??

That is  odd

20 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

That is  odd

I think it’s a catch all since they don’t want to get into exceptions. On my last cruise from Southampton to New York there was a woman on the PA over the checkin line telling everyone to have their ESTA ready before getting to the counter. I about had a heart attack because I didn’t even know what that was at the time. US CBP site is very clear that Canadian citizens travelling with a Canadian passport do not need an ESTA.

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

That is  odd

Very odd and clearly erroneous. Actually, the whole paragraph is poorly worded as, for example, people who require a visa to enter the US don't require an ESTA as well. RCI's website, like those of several other cruise lines, would benefit from some in-depth proof reading.

• Like 1