Trunk Bay - Harmony

Sbrown111

On 9/12/2023 at 11:00 AM, Charles4515 said:

I suggest skipping St John if you want time to do something else. Last two times at St. Thomas we went to Lindquist Beach. It is a state park and it is beautiful. There is a lifeguard and bathrooms. There were no chair rentals as of 4 years ago but Royal had an excursion that was a steal in my opinion. Check and see if they still have it. The excursion operator brought chairs. So transportation and chairs included. He took us on a small bus so the number who could take it was limited. The excursion has a vague name. Secret Sands. You will have time after to do some shopping downtown. 

agreed.  This is a great beach.

On 9/12/2023 at 3:16 AM, jean87510 said:

St. john on your own you don't have to go to trunk bay.  We went to Cinnamon Bay instead which is 10000x better.  When the ship drops you off and they hustle you towards the cabs tell them you want this beach.  We had no issue getting a cab back.

We went to Trunk bay when staying in St. Thomas last Christmas time via car ferry before the cruise ship crowds.  It's so crowded there once everyone gets there.  

One off experiences don't define a place.

I wouldn't assume that Truck Bay is going to be slammed.  It's still, to this day, the best beach we've ever been to.  It wasn't crowded.  The water was incredibly clear, and all sorts of amazing hues of blue...  amazing.  Clean soft white sand.

It helped that it was a beautiful sunny way.

Dan

17 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

One off experiences don't define a place.

I wouldn't assume that Truck Bay is going to be slammed.  It's still, to this day, the best beach we've ever been to.  It wasn't crowded.  The water was incredibly clear, and all sorts of amazing hues of blue...  amazing.  Clean soft white sand.

It helped that it was a beautiful sunny way.

Dan

I have been there about 8x both via land vacation and cruise.  It is always crowded.  It is great early in the morning before the cruise ship crowds get there.

I have family that go to St. John all the time from St. Thomas and they concur with me.  I gave the option of Cinnamon Bay as it is just as pretty but much less crowded.  

13 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I have been there about 8x both via land vacation and cruise.  It is always crowded.  It is great early in the morning before the cruise ship crowds get there.

I have family that go to St. John all the time from St. Thomas and they concur with me.  I gave the option of Cinnamon Bay as it is just as pretty but much less crowded.  

I guess we got lucky. This is what it was like for us just before lunch.
image.thumb.jpeg.c2c917f543737b6f93f3929b60456487.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.b42fc5e3505df3e196c4bac2ce3ac65a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f0c713a75612343e0f82d30fb7177737.jpeg

What do you think of Magen’s bay by the way?