Not So Much A Celebration Cruise (September 3-9)

Lee Cruiser

On 9/13/2023 at 8:40 PM, LatinaInTexas said:

I was also on this sailing. It had been a year and a half since I had cruised Carnival, had tried MSC and NCL.

I was really curious if I would still love Carnival because I loved my cruises on the other lines.

This would be the second biggest ship I have been on and from past experience I already knew I like big and new ships so I was excited.

I only have one complaint about this sailing but it's not any of the issues you experienced.

We had no issues with boarding, getting off, elevators, rowdy or rude people, wait times or bad service at food venues,  boring shows or limited comedy or getting back on ship at ports.

Pretty much loved everything about this cruise. I loved Chibang, had dinner there 3 times so I could try most of the menu. This sailing was an improvement over other Carnival sailings where I observed and experienced minor issues.

I just filled out my survey and honestly almost every question got either a 9 or 10.

Now the one issue I did have was a big one to me. My cabin/location was the noisiest EVER! I'm talking a whole hallway full of door slammers with the worse being out neighbors on both sides 24/7. It never stopped. I'm going to guess we heard at least 12-15 door slams per day and we aren't even in our cabin a lot.

Sometimes a door would slam so hard it felt like the room shook. Add to that so much bumping, knocking, thumping noises, running around sounds from above. At night while laying in bed I could hear the toilet flush from both sides lol.

Never, ever have I experienced anything like this, it was insane. Especially since on MSC and NCL I could count on one hand the number of door slams I heard. And our MSC cruise was 9 nights.

Just out of curiousity, what room were you in?  We were on the celebration in July and had a Havana Interior and we could hear every toilet flush all night long.  NEVER again will we do an interior in Havana (on this ship) as it was like sleeping in a closet!

We did not choose this room as it was a guarantee.  We thought we were lucky to get into Havana but it was not ideal for us.

5 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

Just out of curiousity, what room were you in?  We were on the celebration in July and had a Havana Interior and we could hear every toilet flush all night long.  NEVER again will we do an interior in Havana (on this ship) as it was like sleeping in a closet!

We did not choose this room as it was a guarantee.  We thought we were lucky to get into Havana but it was not ideal for us.

It was cabin 5237. An inside spa cabin which the person I booked with guaranteed me would be the quietest area on the ship lol.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:35 AM, mattcj89 said:

We’ve also only done Carnival from Galveston and I can honestly say we’ve never had any issues with rowdiness or bad behavior. Sure, there might be a more boisterous drunk here and there, but if they’re keeping to themselves and not causing issues with anyone, it doesn’t really bother me much. 

Call me biased if you want, but I truly feel that cruising from Galveston is a slightly better group of passengers. Most are going to be from Texas and it usually seems that most just go with the flow and want to have a good time.

As far as the other ports I mentioned, none really stick out for poor passenger behavior except Miami and that’s why I have no intentions of sailing from there in the near future. 

Also Galveston and I agree. Have sailed from N.O., Fort Lauderdale, and Long Beach. I can't recall anything as bad as previously mentioned, but our last cruise(April on the Dream), we had an adjoining cabin and it seemed like the noise from next door was particularly loud, especially their TV. We did ask them once to turn it down. On that cruise, I spent more time than usual in the cabin because I was not feeling well. (Somebody gave me COVID, probably embarkation day, because it hit me day 5 of the cruise. Of course, COVID never crossed my mind until we got home and I did a test before I went to the doctor.) I digress, as usual😄 Hope we don't encounter the rude people any time soon!