Angle balcony cabins on Pinnacle ships with slightly more floor space, any photos of those who have stayed in one?

croozen

We just booked cabin 8031 on the Rotterdam for an upcoming cruise. Had a pro tip from this site that these angle balcony V-Category balcony cabins have slightly more floor space and are configured differently inside regarding the desk not being at the end of the bed.  Cabin #s are 6049, 6052, 7058, 8031, and 8032.  Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins on Pinnacle class ships and have photos that they could share?

the angle of 8031 gives you some wind coverage from the forward cabins, too. the neptune suite would be directly below you and you'd have part of the spa overhead.  if you're able to select 6049 instead of 8031, you'd only have cabins directly above & below, so it may be quieter. 

8031.png

6049.png

• 3 months later...

I am wondering if the v 6049 cabin on the Koningsdam would work for a scooter?  There are no pictures of these cabins on the 6th or 8th decks on cruise deck plans or halfacts. I'm disappointed with HA the regular Verandah cabin does not seem to have enough room to get past the beds for a scooter. On the Celebrity solstice ships there was plenty of room for a scooter in a Verandah cabin with a couch in the front of the room.  All the accessible rooms are already booked on 8 HA cruises I have looked at. 

Does your scooter fit through a standard door? I know there are photos some of the rooms you describe on HALfacts because I looked at them before booking one on the Rotterdam.

I wasn't looking for scooter room though, so I can't say for sure. Grab a deck plan and peruse the photos on HALfacts unti you find a match.

Mine does not have arm rests which makes it easier to round the bed.  Still tricky but you get the hang of it.   Also it is a three wheeler. Doubt if four wheels would make it.  

4 hours ago, Betty567 said:

I am wondering if the v 6049 cabin on the Koningsdam would work for a scooter?  There are no pictures of these cabins on the 6th or 8th decks on cruise deck plans or halfacts. I'm disappointed with HA the regular Verandah cabin does not seem to have enough room to get past the beds for a scooter. On the Celebrity solstice ships there was plenty of room for a scooter in a Verandah cabin with a couch in the front of the room.  All the accessible rooms are already booked on 8 HA cruises I have looked at. 

I think you've identified the challenge with these cabins and scooters - the lack of space at the end of the bed to allow a scooter to pass freely.  While we haven't sailed in 6049, we have sailed in 7134 and the only difference between these triangle cabins and a regular verandah cabin is the length of the cabin with the triangle.  There isn't any additional space in width whatsoever.  Getting a scooter past the bed would be challenge.  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. The scooter is for my mother who is recovering from her second knee replacement surgery. I will be renting one and getting it delivered to the ship, if we can find a big enough room to accomodate the scooter.  Good idea to get to try to get one without arm rests. 

By March she will be ae to manage steps in the room, it is for walking long distances to the dining room or shows. 

2 hours ago, cbr663 said:

I think you've identified the challenge with these cabins and scooters - the lack of space at the end of the bed to allow a scooter to pass freely.  While we haven't sailed in 6049, we have sailed in 7134 and the only difference between these triangle cabins and a regular verandah cabin is the length of the cabin with the triangle.  There isn't any additional space in width whatsoever.  Getting a scooter past the bed would be challenge.  

Thanks for your feedback. It does look like the beds stick out too far in any Verandah room due to the narrow width.