Recommendations for resort for a day in St. Thomas?

Sun Lover

Can anyone recommend a beach resort for a day?  A few months ago we cruised on Anthem and went to Riu in the Bahamas which we booked through Resort for a Day.  It was all inclusive for food and drinks.  We loved it.  I haven’t been able to find something similar in St. Thomas.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks.

There isn't an all inclusive resort pass on St Thomas. There are "resort" passes that include limited amenities, but no food and drink.

Most of the popular beaches provide amenities a la carte so you buy what you want/need. You can also bring your own at most beaches.

Sun Lover the Bolongo Bay Resort allows non-guests at the bar, and last I spoke with the manager visitors also have access to the pool and the beach. Not AI, but the next best thing…This is not aimed at cruise ship passengers, but residents and folks staying elsewhere or visiting from another island… 

A couple other resorts offer limited day passes as mentioned…

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the OP's question - we have enjoyed going to Secret Harbour for the day. It's going on 4 years since we've been there so I don't know if this is still accurate, but we were able to rent loungers, eat, and drink there. The first couple times we could plunk down anywhere but the last time they had an area on the side for non-resort guests. Check their website, there may be more info. The bay is beautiful, decent snorkeling, and not crowded.

14 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Back to the OP's question - we have enjoyed going to Secret Harbour for the day. It's going on 4 years since we've been there so I don't know if this is still accurate, but we were able to rent loungers, eat, and drink there. The first couple times we could plunk down anywhere but the last time they had an area on the side for non-resort guests. Check their website, there may be more info. The bay is beautiful, decent snorkeling, and not crowded.

Thank you WisCruiser! 👏

Because of the limited space and number of non-resort lounge/umbrella rentals available, I would suggest reserving your rental from AADivers well prior to arrival.

Below is their reply today to my question on their policy - ($10/lounge and $10/umbrella, or $30 for 2 lounges and an umbrella) -

https://www.aadivers.com/

The chairs and umbrellas are $10.00 each for the day.  To reserve your chairs please complete the “book now” link on the website.  If you need a taxi we recommend Shamari 340-643-2098. If the ship doesn’t make it there is not charge.  We will not charge your card until you arrive and check in at the dive shop.

Cheers,

Diane

Edited by blue_water

5 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Yes, Secret Harbor still offers limited chair rentals to control number of visitors, and their restaurant has been consistently good so check their menu online.

The Sunset Grille it's great had lunch a couple of times here. I've been pleasantly surprised at how good they're food is. Too bad Magens Bay Concessions doesn't take a lesson from this place. The bar and restaurant at Secret Harbor and the bar and snack bar at Magens Bay they're not even comparable. 

The Sunset Grille, excellent service excellent food great views and nice people. 

On 9/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, TTEllis said:

The Sunset Grille it's great had lunch a couple of times here. I've been pleasantly surprised at how good they're food is. Too bad Magens Bay Concessions doesn't take a lesson from this place. The bar and restaurant at Secret Harbor and the bar and snack bar at Magens Bay they're not even comparable. 

The Sunset Grille, excellent service excellent food great views and nice people. 

Magens Bay, like Smith Bay Park, is just a beautiful beach destination with no hotel or resort amenities. If we go there we bring our own lunch…

For others looking for beaches with nicer dining options - 

Secret Harbor is home to the Secret Harbour Resort and other properties, and the Sunset Grille and Patio are very popular with resort guests, visitors, and residents alike.

The Caribbean Fish Market in Cowpet Bay is within walking distance of the Ritz Carlton.

Sangria’s Bistro caters to owners and guests at the Elysian Beach and other condos there.

At Sapphire Beach, there are four condo properties, and Beach Buzz and the Beach Bar cater to owners, guests, and visitors there. I’ve read of a new pizza place and possibly a new restaurant like they had years ago but have not researched that.

At Lindbergh Bay, the Emerald Beach Resort boasts the Caribbean Fusion restaurant and Emerald Beach Bar…

[EDIT] Aah…forgot the Bolongo Bay Resort!

One of our very favorite happy hour spots for cocktails and apps (jerk wings) and dinner, Iggie’s  Beach Bar was destroyed in 2017 and is undergoing a rebuild. But the Oasis Restaurant is also quite good.

Edited by blue_water
Iggie’s!

37 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Magens Bay, like Smith Bay Park, is just a beautiful beach destination with no hotel or resort amenities. If we go there we bring our own lunch…

For others looking for beaches with nicer dining options - 

Secret Harbor is home to the Secret Harbour Resort and other properties, and the Sunset Grille and Patio are very popular with resort guests, visitors, and residents alike.

The Caribbean Fish Market in Cowpet Bay is within walking distance of the Ritz Carlton.

Sangria’s Bistro caters to owners and guests at the Elysian Beach and other condos there.

At Sapphire Beach, there are four condo properties, and Beach Buzz and the Beach Bar cater to owners, guests, and visitors there. I’ve read of a new pizza place and possibly a new restaurant like they had years ago but have not researched that.

At Lindbergh Bay, the Emerald Beach Resort boasts the Caribbean Fusion restaurant and Emerald Beach Bar…

[EDIT] Aah…forgot the Bolongo Bay Resort!

One of our very favorite happy hour spots for cocktails and apps (jerk wings) and dinner, Iggie’s  Beach Bar was destroyed in 2017 and is undergoing a rebuild. But the Oasis Restaurant is also quite good.

The Patio at Secret Harbor it looks beautiful back there I've just never been dressed to go in there. 

I stay outside at the bar. I would never walk in there with flip flops a tank and swimming trunks on. That place is nice.

Actually it's beautiful I can understand why it's so popular. 

A friend of mine ran the campground on Water Island for years. He loves Bologna Bay Resort. 

Iggie's that's a blast from the past. 

I forgot all about Iggie's that was a long time ago. 

Since I've been to Sapphire they've added a new bar which is huge. Next time I'm on the island depending on how many ships are in port. If I don't take the ferry over to St. John or Magens Bay doesn't have a new restaurant or bar, I'm spending my day at Sapphire Beach. 

I understand Sapphire Beach gets crowded I've never seen that, the 2 times I was there, very few people on this beautiful beach. 

The Sunset Grille is such a nice beach bar, when I got there both times, nobody there 2 hours later it was packed with cruisers. 

Secret Harbor isn't so Secret anymore.

That's fine I hope other's find it and enjoy it like I did. 

Bolongo Bay Resort is currently closed for renovations. I don't think they ever finished with after the storms upgrades, and are finishing them up now so Iggie's can reopen. I saw pictures of the work in progress, and looked like too much paving for my taste.

There were times when Sapphire got very crowded, because during covid they were extremely busy, and people were posting online. It's not as bad as it was because other places to stay have opened up. 

I can't believe nobody has put a Webcam up again. They really need one imo so people can see what's going on.