How's Woody's for Lunch?

mets123

18 minutes ago, mets123 said:

How's Woody's for lunch for a fish sandwich? If not there, then someplace near the Dockyard. Not interested in the Onion, I want someplace the locals would go to.

I have not been there recently but the fish sandwich there has been getting very good reviews. The service though is getting bad reviews because of long wait times.of 45 minutes. Maybe going there has become too popular? 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

We try to go there for the Bermuda fish each visit.  If you go right around noon or when it opens, it is a long wait but lots to watch.  By 1 Pm it usually calms down. Plenty of outdoor seating at picnic tables.  We take the bus and it takes maybe 10-15 minutes.  Bus stop is right across the street and the view of the ocean is nice.  A local suggested this to us and we enjoy this local-type restaurant.  

Great sandwich with beer on a nice Bermuda day.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 3:14 PM, outbackpaul said:

Heidi took us here to get takeout fish sandwiches this spring...

Grannie's

https://maps.app.goo.gl/pjAesgrcANQcrv2e6

Hi, if you are just there for one day going to Grannies is a bit out of the way. The sandwich is very good though. Very old school.

You can also try Anchor Restaurant if you want a fish sandwich in Dockyard. It is the restaurant right at the entrance of where your ship will be docked. My friends and I frequent this place whenever we go to Dockyard for lunch or dinner. The food is good. It's a different type of fish sandwich than Woody's. But it is still good, and it is a good size, and the service will be quicker. It may not be as crowded on that day and there's plenty of seating inside and outside on their patio.

You won't have to catch the bus or a taxi to get there.

BTW I live in Bermuda. 

• Like 1