Where is the best lobster on board?

Alifay

3 minutes ago, Alifay said:

I’ll be sailing the Eurodam later this month. I have reservations at Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill and will be eating in the MDR at night. If I want to get lobster once on the cruise, where is the best option?

We ate at Rudi’s on N Statendam and my lobster was so tough I couldn’t cut it.  Server noticed and was going to replace but after that experience I just asked for grilled shrimp which they were glad to bring and did.   

My BEST lobster onboard was the MDR lobster.   There was an up charge of $15 but SO worth it.   I had it on a night when nothing else appealed.  Will order again.  It was delicious! 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

My BEST lobster onboard was the MDR lobster.   There was an up charge of $15 but SO worth it.   I had it on a night when nothing else appealed.  Will order again.  It was delicious! 

I agree completely. 

• Like 2

Best lobster I ever had was in the Pinnacle Grill on the Nieuw Statendam last October. Huge and very tasty, not over cooked and tender. It was an up charge but worth it 

F4A5DE37-BBC5-43FF-8E14-AE39466120E8.thumb.jpeg.a41acf673be39ede44d4cdac0148f123.jpeg

I ordered the lobster in the MDR on the Volendam this past May and was very disappointed.  And it was also an up charge. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Alifay said:

I’ll be sailing the Eurodam later this month. I have reservations at Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill and will be eating in the MDR at night. If I want to get lobster once on the cruise, where is the best option?

when we were on Eurodam last year, they had one night where Pinnacle Grill became Rudi’s - great lobster then.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

In the Pinnacle Grill on the Zuiderdam -- in the lobster mac.

+1 for this suggestion.  It was my fav.  I did enjoy the lobster featured in dishes in Tamarind too, but it isn’t a full lobster or lobster tail just some meat incorporated into their dishes, IIRC. Still lovely!

• Like 1

Don’t order the lobster surcharge that is $10 in he MDR.  Order the $15 dollar one whether it be in the MDR or elsewhere.

My friend had it in the MDR and was very happy with it (and he knows good lobster since I take them some).

Another had it in the PG and was happy.

I saw people eating it in Sel de Mer and they seemed to gobbling it up.

I tend not to order it being from Atlantic Canada but I do order the Fruits de Mer if I have the benefit of friends to eat with there and really like it.

• Like 2

Best HAL lobster ever--Lido buffet on a formal night, before cutback mode kicked in, maybe 10 years ago, where you could order as many lobster tails as you want and come back for more, fresh off the grill. It smelled pretty bad, with hundreds cooked, but what a deal. My other secret delight, also gone, were evening chocolate covered strawberries in the Explorations Cafe--I'd sweet-talk the baristas into saving me some in case others got there first. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rj59 said:

Best HAL lobster ever--Lido buffet on a formal night, before cutback mode kicked in, maybe 10 years ago, where you could order as many lobster tails as you want and come back for more, fresh off the grill. It smelled pretty bad, with hundreds cooked, but what a deal. My other secret delight, also gone, were evening chocolate covered strawberries in the Explorations Cafe--I'd sweet-talk the baristas into saving me some in case others got there first. 

At the present price of lobster per pound those days are pretty much over. We use to get live Maine lobsters in Florida for around $10:00-12:00 per pound now they are $18:00  and up depending on size.

Of course more reasonable in Northeast.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1