Alfredo’s and Prego on Regal Princess disappointed

whoah

We usually like princess pizza, is it the best pizza?…no…but it satisfies the pizza craving.  We were disappointed with the pizza, only took a couple bites and left it at both locations.  We thought the pizza in both locations was the same…same crust, sauce, cheese and the pepperoni which tasted like spicy bologna.

My husband got the pizza which he took two bites and left.  I got the antipasto which was good.  Then I got the rolled eggplant that was “stuffed” with cheese and angel hair.  This is now a $14.99 charge.  Princess is nuts.  This entree was a quarter the size of the antipasto and the antipasto was small.  There were two tiny strips of what seemed to be zucchini as I was comparing it to the size of zucchini on the antipasto, they were folded over a teaspoon of cheese and a tablespoon of angel hair pasta….this was not a roll. I did get a good laugh at it.  The entree was mostly sauce.  The taste was fine but it was only two bites of food.  Service was very slow with the waitstaff just hanging out together in a corner talking.  We ended up walking out and heading to the buffet.  

We had the plus package and used one credit for my meal, paid for his pizza that he took two bites of and didn’t use the other credits since Alfredo’s was the only place we were interested in.

The description says cherry tomatoes but the was only one.  It was a cute little entree.  I wish I took picture of the antipasto for comparison.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Food is ALWAYS very subjective...so you really can't say that anybody is "right or wrong".  We have not sailed since the big hoopla over the casual dining charges...but will be in 2 days.  In our experience though, we have very much enjoyed Alfredo's (on the ships that have one) and have usually eaten there 2 or 3 times for a 7 day cruise.  We like it.  I'm sorry your experience was not great for you.  I *hope* that is not what is to be expected now with all of the changes that Princess has roiled out.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, whoah said:

We usually like princess pizza, is it the best pizza?…no…but it satisfies the pizza craving.  We were disappointed with the pizza, only took a couple bites and left it at both locations.  We thought the pizza in both locations was the same…same crust, sauce, cheese and the pepperoni which tasted like spicy bologna.

I agree with you.  The “pepperoni” on Regal was nothing like the pepperoni on Discovery.  We could not eat the pepperoni pizza at either location (Alfredo’s or Prego on Regal in July on British Isles cruise).  There was a lot of uneaten pizza left on people’s plates.  This was back when Alfredo’s was free.
We loved the pepperoni pizza on Discovery.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

In our experience though, we have very much enjoyed Alfredo's (on the ships that have one) and have usually eaten there 2 or 3 times for a 7 day cruise.  We like it.  

Same for us.  We have loved Alfredo's in the past and usually eat there 2 or 3 times on a 7 day cruise.  Last time on the Regal we had embarkation day lunch there, and then ate 2 evening meals there later in the cruise.  We're leaving for an Island cruise tomorrow so sadly we won't have any Alfredo's, unless they do a pop up lunch.  However, we are booked on the Regal in January and are looking forward to Alfredo's again and don't plan to let the new pricing scheme stop us. I just hope it's as good as we remember 🙂  

Edit to say we are flying to London tomorrow for the Oktoberfest European Capitols cruise.  Didn't you guys do that last year?  I seem to recall a review you did.  We've been looking forward to this one for a long time, initially scheduled back in 2020 but was postponed several times, obviously. 

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Edit to say we are flying to London tomorrow for the Oktoberfest European Capitols cruise.  Didn't you guys do that last year?  I seem to recall a review you did.  We've been looking forward to this one for a long time, initially scheduled back in 2020 but was postponed several times, obviously. 

Yes, we did this one last year.  DW and I both agree that it was one of our top 5 cruises ever.  Berlin was probably our favorite excursion.  We *almost* did not take it because of the long (3 hr one way) train ride...but it wasn't bad and you really get to see the German countryside.  I highly recommend it!

Here is the "Live From..." thread I did:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2884490-live-island-princess-oktoberfest-cruise-sept-27-oct-7/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes, we did this one last year.  DW and I both agree that it was one of our top 5 cruises ever.  Berlin was probably our favorite excursion.  We *almost* did not take it because of the long (3 hr one way) train ride...but it wasn't bad and you really get to see the German countryside.  I highly recommend it!

Here is the "Live From..." thread I did:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2884490-live-island-princess-oktoberfest-cruise-sept-27-oct-7/

Great, so glad to hear it and we are doing the same train excursion in Germany 🙂  

Sorry OP, didn't mean to take over your thread.