Does Cunard ever offer reduced deposit days?

KruzPrincess

I’ve cruised quite a bit, but I’ve never cruised on Cunard. I know that some of the other cruise lines under the same ownership umbrella offer occasional specials where you can book a cruise with a reduced deposit. Does Cunard do this? If so, when might I expect to see this? Thanks in advance. 

Cunard has offered reduced deposits for US bookings in the past. Sometimes it has been a 50% reduced deposit (12.5% instead of 25%). Other times it has been a very low fixed deposit amount such as $100. Often those have been during their limited-time promotions such as their Memorial Day and Labor Day sales.

I'm not sure when their last reduced deposit promotion was in the US. Lately their promotions seem to have mostly included extra OBC rather than a reduced deposit. About the best I can suggest is to keep checking new promotions as they are announced.

Do be sure to check the terms and conditions if you see a reduced deposit promotion. Sometimes those reduced deposits are non-refundable, especially for promotions offering a low fixed deposit amount.

6 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Cunard has offered reduced deposits for US bookings in the past. Sometimes it has been a 50% reduced deposit (12.5% instead of 25%). Other times it has been a very low fixed deposit amount such as $100. Often those have been during their limited-time promotions such as their Memorial Day and Labor Day sales.

I'm not sure when their last reduced deposit promotion was in the US. Lately their promotions seem to have mostly included extra OBC rather than a reduced deposit. About the best I can suggest is to keep checking new promotions as they are announced.

Do be sure to check the terms and conditions if you see a reduced deposit promotion. Sometimes those reduced deposits are non-refundable, especially for promotions offering a low fixed deposit amount.

Thank you for responding. That’s good advice. 

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

There was a sale as recently as September 5 with rather stunning reduced fares and 50% deposits. (I was notified by email, so this might have been targeted at occasional passengers rather than regular ones.) As @bluemarble says (and as always, very reliably) you'd have to keep watch to find out what's on offer. Be wary that these sales might not include bonuses normally included on full price tickets for North Americans, such as a free drinks package and gratuities.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

There was a sale as recently as September 5 with rather stunning reduced fares and 50% deposits. (I was notified by email, so this might have been targeted at occasional passengers rather than regular ones.) As @bluemarble says (and as always, very reliably) you'd have to keep watch to find out what's on offer. Be wary that these sales might not include bonuses normally included on full price tickets for North Americans, such as a free drinks package and gratuities.

Thank you for responding. I’ll need to do some more research. I appreciate the help.