Temperature on Queen Victoria in November

jmw81

We're going to Norway on Queen Victoria in November. Obviously it's going to be cold off the ship but I'm wondering what the temperature will be like on the ship itself. We've done two Cunard cruises before, both in the summer months, and the ship's air conditioning has been blasting out so much that it felt really cold - in the evenings all the women were wrapped in thick shawls. I'm hoping this is not the case when the ship goes to Norway in November! 

In March 22 we went to Norway to see the Northern Lights, and the outside temperatures at times, were seriously low! 
Around the lower atrium levels where the ship exit areas at ports were, the ship was indeed cold, and also a few nights in the restaurant on deck 11. I am afraid these ships do not have super installation, so warm sensible (layered) clothing is probably the answer. Also, suitable footwear is a must: there were many on our cruise who thought fashion boots would suffice!

It can be chilly occasionally inside the ship but no way have we experienced the air con in blasting out mode. Any shawls or wraps were worn on Victoria as evening accessories rather than for their thermal qualities.

I always take a sweater or two with me for daytime wear, which ever part of the world the ship is in so be prepared to layer up would be my advice.

I am afraid I beg to differ! Our Northern Lights cruise certainly had very cool evenings in the restaurant when Cunard blankets were given out for warmth. This photo was taken on the Black and White formal night!

An unusual hic-cup did not spoil the cruise, but one must be aware that being in the Arctic in the winter can be very cold, and any door left open to the outer decks, can  create a serious draught! Certainly a cruise to remember for seeing “the lights”.

IMG_2674.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LadyL1 said:

I am afraid I beg to differ! Our Northern Lights cruise certainly had very cool evenings in the restaurant when Cunard blankets were given out for warmth. This photo was taken on the Black and White formal night!

An unusual hic-cup did not spoil the cruise, but one must be aware that being in the Arctic in the winter can be very cold, and any door left open to the outer decks, can  create a serious draught! Certainly a cruise to remember for seeing “the lights”.

IMG_2674.jpeg

You may differ as much as you like but on summer cruises, which was the time of year jmw81 mentioned the  air con was blasting out not only have we not experienced severe air-con, but we have been almost overcome by the heat on some cruises. It's obviously different on different cruises and yes, doors open in the Arctic could be flipping cold in any draughts.

As I said, layer up.